I will not allow myself to read your posts any longer.

I guess you are referring to the antiphonal section of the opener where @2:30 the tubas start their split parts at mezzo piano, then slowly additional horn sections (by part, mind you) are scored into the composition creating a natural dynamic increase to fortissimo. This happens until the trumpets take over the leading voices and slowly varying instruments are scored out of the composition creating a natural dynamic decrease back to mezzo piano. You will notice they take their horns down--indicating that they do not have a music part there. If you knew where this happens in the production, you would realize that the two antiphonal tuba sections start 60 yards apart! Because of the nature of large conically bored instruments, that is simply amazing that their timing is together on the field.

To add to this, the entire hornline is spread across the field like a week's wash (almost 70 yards) while all this demanding antiphonal stuff is happening. And yes, they are moving. I will refer you to this video, as the corps is moving while this difficult part is happening, sans the tubas in the very beginning--but they are still 60 yards apart to start it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUR3TuKvHqU

Additionally, I find it amazing that someone now finds mezzo piano to be a "weakness" and to sound "rough." I have absolutely no idea where you believe this section needs electronics to not sound "rough."

I am supposing you have never taught a marching unit. For if you did, you would quickly realize what the Bluecoats are doing in the opener is difficult and beyond expectation. The reason it sounds "rough" to you is because they are executing at such a high level that it sounds easy. I assure you; what they are doing is not easy.

The Bluecoats hornline is incredible. Let's agree to that.

OMG take a chill pill already lol..He's entitled to his opinion.. Let's all take a deep breath and breath...AHHHHHHHHHHHH see isn't that better.. :grrr::wall:

• Like 1

OMG take a chill pill already lol..He's entitled to his opinion.. Let's all take a deep breath and breath...AHHHHHHHHHHHH see isn't that better.. :grrr::wall:

Actually, it's "Breathe, DAHHHHHHHHHHH".

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 1

Right now I think the Cadets are the corp to beat, I don't think their show will be a show that will win in august, maybe meltdown was a poor choice of words to use in this case. Just my opinion, only time will tell. Tobias, I watched them win in 83, Rocky Point was absolutely the best thing to hit drum corps back then, even in 82 I knew they were going to be great.

I'm gonna interrupt this discussion for a commercial break to say that if your looking to purchase the Bluecoats Orbs that their $1000 each and more detail are available on their Facebook page. And now back to your regularly scheduled discussion....

Well. my dining room has been a little empty since we took the Christmas tree out of the corner. :thumbs-up:

• Like 5

Actually, it's "Breathe, DAHHHHHHHHHHH".

There shouldn't be a comma or break between the breath and attack.

/s And to think I thought you knew what you were talking about!!!! /s

Ouch, 2:56 sounds really rough without electronics. This video kinda highlights their weakness, which is brass. They are probably firmly in 4th behind Crown/Cadets/BD right now.

LOL, wait. They've met the Cadets three times head-to-head this year. Two of the meetings, there was a brass judge. And both times, Bluecoats beat the Cadets in brass.

Sources:

http://www.corpsfans.com/corpsfans.com/(S(ot25oensax3rv2vc0iduaa45))/Scores.aspx?ID=18998&mode=2

http://www.corpsfans.com/corpsfans.com/(S(ot25oensax3rv2vc0iduaa45))/Scores.aspx?ID=19002&mode=2

So it is very interesting that you believe they are "firmly" behind them in this caption and are sitting in 4th, yet the Cadets have YET to beat the Bluecoats in this area.

(Have you actually seen this show LIVE and not as a keyboard warrior? Just curious.)

Edited by IMcomguy
  • Like 1

Did anyone else think that BLOO's hornline AND drumline blew away Cadets and Crown tonight in Muncie? Wow, incredible job guys.

• Like 1