Great changes tonight in Whitewater! The "Big Hits" became bigger! Contra soli was cleaner than I've ever heard. Drum line was also cleanest I've heard. Judges gave BLOO a TON of headroom to improve their scores...I think this is a pretty good sign...

Just saw a video of last night. Didn't think I'd enjoy it more than the first time, but it's not getting old. No huge changes, just some nice little ones here and there that are adding some extra sparkle to some impact points. Drill I found myself really enjoying, LOTS going on, visual noise perhaps? I mean that in a really good way. Some really cool sequences. First time I can say that the Bluecoats guard had me absolutely entranced, they seem SUPER high energy to my untrained guard eye, and look pretty clean too. Lots of exciting tosses and work in there, I'm really impressed. Brass sounds REALLY good, as does the percussion. I get the sense that they're saving something for the ending. Just a gut feeling, love it now though. Can't wait to see the show flags for the closer, assuming the plain yellow aren't those. Really like the two other ones. Noticed the guard now has some various neon wrist/ankle bands and sleeves. Wonder if we're going to see some of those colors added elsewhere.

Minute and a half between the contra feature and ballad - still in total love with. 1st or 6th, love this show.

• Like 2

I still stick by my original prediction... I think this show is gonna come good in the last week or two of the season and I think Bloo takes the whole thing this year.

• Like 3

I think the only major thing left to clean / re-write is the transition into the ballad. Including the awkward transition in the middle of the ballad when the keyboards are doing that little run and then high brass comes back in. Also, it feels like the bari solo is too empty for a "kinetic noise" show. Maybe they will add some more background to it. Overall, it's really coming together and I think we may see a strong finish this year, again.

We'll see if the 'Coats can really clean their drill. I think they have a program that could potentially win it all, but I've never seen a "squeaky clean" Bluecoats show. I really hope they can do it this year or sometime soon. Great ideas coming out of Canton :cool:

• Like 1

I feel really stupid for realizing how the song "Woods" is relevant to "Kinetic Noise". Lyrics refers to slowing down the pace, kinetic energy is energy of movement... duh. :ninja:

• Like 1

I still stick by my original prediction... I think this show is gonna come good in the last week or two of the season and I think Bloo takes the whole thing this year.

I'd love to see that happen. Another new champion would be huge for the activity. And so exciting for their organization.

I'd love to see that happen. Another new champion would be huge for the activity. And so exciting for their organization.

Regardless, Bluecoats medaling twice in the past few years is super exciting!

Bold guess for tonight: Bluecoats break over 81...

One of the things I've always respected with the Cadets is how much NON-SHOW music their members learn each year. Bluecoats are certainly doing that as well this year. They learned a lot of music for the 4th of July concert...and add to that their encore selections for this year...makes for an even greater educational experience for the members.

Thanks also to the alumni Rhythm In Blue for their part in the July 4th concert. So awesome to see the current members and alumni together...as highlighted in this latest True Bloo video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvx-Jl9kb7E

Edited by oldbandguy