Instead of all the analysis of the show, I just want to say that I couldn't be more proud of my son Matt. First year BC, third year dci world class corps member. So, any other BC parents out there want to shout out to their amazing kid(s)?

Proud parent of a 5th year Bloo mello here! There are 2 of them who joined the corps in 2011, along with the white knight. They're nicknamed Grams and Gramps this year. :) Both have one more year to go and they couldn't be happier than with their Bloo family!

I can't WAIT to see this show live! From every video I've seen, they look and sound amazing--on every front! Yay for double visual blocks during spring training! I may see them as early as DATR but will definitely see them in Texas, then volunteering on the chuck truck beginning in Chester, Pa through to Indy. I'm just dying to see them at that stadium in Chester. It looks like an amazing venue. I'll periscope what I can when I see them. @msplange

Anyway, what an incredible activity with a rich history!! I'm so thankful my daughter has been able to be a part of it.

Edited by GetitBloo
  • Like 4

Why so many "BC" refererences? We don't refer to them as BC!

Signed,

Blue Coats alum

How can you possibly be a BC alum and you don't even know how to spell your corps name proprely :)

That be Bluecoats :tounge2:

no disrespect meant. lesson learned from this very proud Bluecoats mom.

How can you possibly be a BC alum and you don't even know how to spell your corps name proprely :)

I think it was a joke they were making because people abbreviate per word, so for it to be "BC" the corps would have to be named Blue Coats. Or autocorrect.

• Like 1

Proud parent of a 5th year Bloo mello here! There are 2 of them who joined the corps in 2011, along with the white knight. They're nicknamed Grams and Gramps this year. :) Both have one more year to go and they couldn't be happier than with their Bloo family!

I can't WAIT to see this show live! From every video I've seen, they look and sound amazing--on every front! Yay for double visual blocks during spring training! I may see them as early as DATR but will definitely see them in Texas, then volunteering on the chuck truck beginning in Chester, Pa through to Indy. I'm just dying to see them at that stadium in Chester. It looks like an amazing venue. I'll periscope what I can when I see them. @msplange

Anyway, what an incredible activity with a rich history!! I'm so thankful my daughter has been able to be a part of it.

I want more posts like this.

:)

• Like 1

I want more posts like this.

:)

Can't wait for my first live show of the season in ATL. It's my 7-8 time attending as I use to go to support the local HS kids that were members of BAC, Crown, Cadets. Then, my son became a member of BAC for their RISE show. We travelled to San Antionio, ATL and Indy that year. Hubby spent his vacay working the food truck and traveling with the corps early in the season. For Animal Farm, we both volunteered on the truck and spent our time with the corp running errands, Walmart runs, pharmacy runs, etc. What an experience! Then I, along with son's girlfriend travelled to Indy for 5K and Finals at Lucas Oil. This year, our beloved auditioned and made the Baritone line with The Bluecoats and Kinetic Noise. He was looking for a different experience. Both corps are a part of his DNA as they have become framily (lifelong friends). We love these corps, we love the experiences they offer our kids. It is what we do as parents of corp kids. We love their sock tans, their air mattresses and that relentless smell of sunscreen that lingers on their clothes even after several washings. We are happy to financial support our son and to cheer on ALL the participants of this activity. They are superstars in my eyes.

• Like 2