I think they got the basic framework for the closer in. It didn't hit me just yet. I do like that the spheres come to the front. Would love to see them add some color to the spheres somewhere in the closer, well before they push front. That would be a neat trick. This is not one of those shows that should add more long notes at triple forte or louder to enhance the end. I love how the music is slowly overtaken by the "Kinetic" noise as it builds almost like a storm...and then suddenly it stops. Once they lock-in that idea visually it should be pretty awesome. The rest of the show tonight however was great. Ballad is cleaning. The opener is one of the best in the activity this year. Best use of minimalist music to visual to effect I have ever seen. It's mesmerizing and I'm sure a lot of folks have a hard time putting their finger on just what is catchy about the intro, but it's pure design at the highest level.

• Like 2

I think they got the basic framework for the closer in. It didn't hit me just yet. I do like that the spheres come to the front. Would love to see them add some color to the spheres somewhere in the closer, well before they push front. That would be a neat trick. This is not one of those shows that should add more long notes at triple forte or louder to enhance the end. I love how the music is slowly overtaken by the "Kinetic" noise as it builds almost like a storm...and then suddenly it stops. Once they lock-in that idea visually it should be pretty awesome. The rest of the show tonight however was great. Ballad is cleaning. The opener is one of the best in the activity this year. Best use of minimalist music to visual to effect I have ever seen. It's mesmerizing and I'm sure a lot of folks have a hard time putting their finger on just what is catchy about the intro, but it's pure design at the highest level.

Yeah their opener is freaking amazing this year. By far my favorite of any corps.

• Like 1

I am so EXCITED to see this show live at Finals! (Assuming the make Top 12... :silly: )

• Like 1

Thoughts on the new ending having slept on it.

I think it's A LOT MORE interesting visually than the old one. Some serious velocity in those last few sets, when that gets cleaned it's gonna ROCK. I think what they're doing with the orbs is great, I think that would look better on a camera that doesn't feel like it's on a spaceship that's orbiting the earth.

Musically I actually really dig it up until the final seconds. IMO that seems like they're saving just a little bit more for us, I have a feeling that with how much of a season is let, they'll add some more bells and whistles to it. There it feels a little abrupt.

Overall, I think it's a lot stronger of a framework to work with, and up until those last few seconds, I think it works great. Just needs a little more finality to it, then they're set.

The other 95% of the show.

Visually, IMO starting to clean up really well, they've made huge strides visually in recent years, especially that guard. They're great! At least from up top.

Musically, I'll wait til tomorrow, quality from Warrensburg spoiled me, last nights tin can by the AC quality made it hard to read anyone (and I brought that up early on, not using it as a cop out). As an ensemble, I think Cadets and Crown are a little tighter right now, but not so much that it's really hurting them or that it's unfixable. Brass is sounding pretty solid, a few stick outs here and there, but nothing severe. I LOVE their distinct sound that they've developed in recent years, they're making it their own. Percussion is fantastic as always, front ensemble really shined for me last night.

Cleaning is really enhancing some moments. Show hasn't gotten old yet, not gonna ramble on again about it. Nice to see some 1st in Content captions last night. Still my favorite for sure. Can't wait to see it again tomorrow! Best of luck in your run, can't wait to see it! Hopefully the Live crew brings their A team and gear so I can get a better brass read, and a better read on that ending.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

All of you (the members) should be commended on how you were able to recover from the electronic hiccup in the opener tonight. Best of luck to you all as the season progresses!

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1