SOA '15

What if it is a reference to 2014?

Then it is completely melodramatic. It's basic of the definition of the word. I mean, was 2014 a step back in most peoples eyes, sure, but if we look at their placements from 2000 to now: 15, 13, 10, 13, 12, 12, 12, 15, 17, 16, 12, 11, 11, 17, it's clear they've been all over the board. They've missed finals 7 times since 2000, so 2014 was not a bottoming out. Was it a bad year, it could be called that, but not shocking.

So if the 2015 show is designed from the standpoint of bottoming out due to just the 2014 season, yeah, that's completely melodramatic.

I hope they have a great season, and really wish they would have stuck with the ideas they were using in the Film Noir and Vegas shows, but maybe this will be good too. Won't know until I hear it in June.

Oh, and as for the definition of melodramatic, here it is:

mel·o·dra·mat·ic
ˌmelədrəˈmadik/
adjective
adjective: melodramatic
  1. of or relating to melodrama.
    • characteristic of melodrama, especially in being exaggerated, sensationalized, or overemotional
Edited by tesmusic

mel·o·dra·mat·ic
ˌmelədrəˈmadik/
adjective
adjective: melodramatic
  1. of or relating to melodrama.
    • characteristic of melodrama, especially in being exaggerated, sensationalized, or overemotional

All my life I have been seaching for the meaning of "melodramatic." I've looked high and low, through forests and fields, even seaching in the evening skies and somehow I've never been able to find it up until now.

Through your wonderful, thoughtful help, I now know the meaning.

Thank you!

All my life I have been seaching for the meaning of "melodramatic." I've looked high and low, through forests and fields, even seaching in the evening skies and somehow I've never been able to find it up until now.

Through your wonderful, thoughtful help, I now know the meaning.

Thank you!

Thanks for the Walmart discount version of sarcasm.

You still, however, haven't explained how the show title isn't being melodramatic, if it is a reference to 2014.

But good for you! :cool:

Thanks for the Walmart discount version of sarcasm.

You still, however, haven't explained how the show title isn't being melodramatic, if it is a reference to 2014.

But good for you! :cool:

I think I need one of those books you have. Mama said I'm sort of unedumacated but I lurned good in skool.

Edited by Lincoln

While I presume the intent is to refer to the ashes of 150 years ago, this discussion itself is proof that in some minds at least, whether or not it was intended by SoA, the theme will seem as allegory for the corps' response to last year.

Which, of course, could put a lot of pressure on the corps.

• Like 1

While I presume the intent is to refer to the ashes of 150 years ago, this discussion itself is proof that in some minds at least, whether or not it was intended by SoA, the theme will seem as allegory for the corps' response to last year.

Which, of course, could put a lot of pressure on the corps.

Good point. And honestly, if it's not about 2014, there are a million directions they could go. Many of those directions would have great potential. Strongly hoping it has nothing to do with 2014.

I think I need one of those books you have. Mama said I'm sort of unedumacated but I lurned good in skool.

And there it is again! I really love your responses though that can't support the original basis for you quoting me. It's much more entertaining to see you try and be sarcastic, rather than trying to actual support the point that the title is not melodramatic.

Edited by tesmusic

And there it is again! I really love your responses though that can't support the original basis for you quoting me. It's much more entertaining to see you try and be sarcastic, rather than trying to actual support the point that the title is not melodramatic.

Mama says to get off the interwebs.