SOA '15

I would love to see SOA get back to its glory days.

Then they must return to their "Roots" and get back to playing Southern Jazz.

How about integrating some of their Old School Glory Days music with New Age drill.

Anything but what they're doing now.

It's a rudderless ship. More like the Titanic that just hit that Iceberg.

So sad to see. And I'm talking about the Show Design and Music Selection, not the talent level of the performers on the field. It all starts (Or Stops) at the Top!

• Like 1

I would love to see them do a modern version of Nuttville and higher and higher.

My post was in no way rude, just an opinion in which I am entitled to, like everyone else. I made a statement and if it offend you, then so be it.

That's the problem with Drum Corps and Sports message boards. Way too many "Sunshine Pumpers" that can't tolerate opinions that are different or contrary to their own.

It's probably a good idea that if you're tolerance level is low to varying ideas and opinions, you should stay away from Message Boards.

If I don't like or am not entertained by all the current "Marching Musical Theater" productions, it is my right to say so...........

• Like 1

Then they must return to their "Roots" and get back to playing Southern Jazz.

How about integrating some of their Old School Glory Days music with New Age drill.

Anything but what they're doing now.

I agree completely! I remember whe I was active, Spirit having awesome brassline and being in the hunt for High Precussion and winning High Guard......finishing 4th a few years and 6th with scores in the 94 area one year. Shows that were visually stunnung and music that would be stuck in your head for months after the season was over.

Hey LSU Grad 82.............I see you have been active in my old stomping grounds! Have you kissed the moose at McGuire's my friend?

I really liked Spirit's show when I saw it in Allentown, but there was one thing that really drove me nuts about their performance - they have the horses to put out a really loud, decent sound, but for some reason the synth was doubling what seemed like all of the brass parts for the major hits. A bass/tuba patch is something all corps use these days, but I thought Spirit was using the synth as more of a volume enhancer.

Hopefully this isn't as apparent from up top - I was down pretty low in the stands. They used the synth doubling a lot more than the other corps imo. They don't need to.

Hopefully Spirit is on the upswing, I've always liked them. This isn't a "bash", just an observation.

I really liked Spirit's show when I saw it in Allentown, but there was one thing that really drove me nuts about their performance - they have the horses to put out a really loud, decent sound, but for some reason the synth was doubling what seemed like all of the brass parts for the major hits. A bass/tuba patch is something all corps use these days, but I thought Spirit was using the synth as more of a volume enhancer.

Hopefully this isn't as apparent from up top - I was down pretty low in the stands. They used the synth doubling a lot more than the other corps imo. They don't need to.

Hopefully Spirit is on the upswing, I've always liked them. This isn't a "bash", just an observation.

If you really want to hear synth doubling sit through Cadets practice. With horns on air, there was very little difference between horns and no-horns. Bluecoats are synth thru-and-thru as well.

If you really want to hear synth doubling sit through Cadets practice. With horns on air, there was very little difference between horns and no-horns. Bluecoats are synth thru-and-thru as well.

I haven't seen the Cadets or Bluecoats live, I was merely commenting on what I heard on Friday night. Interesting, though.

I haven't seen the Cadets or Bluecoats live, I was merely commenting on what I heard on Friday night. Interesting, though.

I think they are all using Heavy Synth these days.