Pit PT

Great article, and sad that people can be that #### mean. Does anyone have an example of the top 12 (in the last decade) marching someone with type of condition or similar?

Truth be told very highly doubt that in todays corps that WONDERFUL mellophone soloist from Garfield in the early 80's with one arm would be allowed to march.

Honestly, when I saw your post, it bothered me. Not because I don't think it's true, but because it just seems to validate so much of what this activity has become.

• Like 1

Sad to say but was has been said is the truth. Truth be told very highly doubt that in todays corps that WONDERFUL mellophone soloist from Garfield in the early 80's with one arm would be allowed to march.

Yea, I don't believe that for one minute.

• Like 2

I really struggle with PT, I'm trying to find a corps that doesn't make pit do PT. What corps do not make pit do PT, open or world. A list would be great

Not to be an a-hole about it, but PT is an important part of overall health and wellness. I don't know about a lot of drum corps except Cadets and I know the pit absolutely has to participate in PT. Just because you're not marching doesn't mean you should neglect your overall health. I am willing to bet there is no way to avoid PT altogether, so if I were you, I would look online for some beginner PT programs to assist you with getting into shape. You can also PM me and I can give you some tips as well. Good luck on whatever you decide.

What is PT?

Physical Training.

• Like 4

I really struggle with PT, I'm trying to find a corps that doesn't make pit do PT. What corps do not make pit do PT, open or world. A list would be great

I think you might have better luck with a DCA corps...though I wouldn't count on it.

Yeah I have 5 friends who have done front ensemble at various corps and PT was part of it. If you aren't willing to push through that to do drum corps then maybe it's not for you. And you might not be marching, but you will be loading and unloading multiple times a day, will sometimes be moving all that stuff ludicrous distances in some instances, and playing upwards of 90% of the show. You will still work your ### off. People saying front ensemble is easy and not a lot of work is a pet peeve of mine. Might not be marching but they sure make up for that in other ways.

This is a serious question, not asking to be mean or anything. Are there actual reasons or disabilities even that make it hard, or is it something you just have not done or don't want to do it because you're a little lazy? If it's the latter one and you want to change it, you can. If you don't want to change it, then again, might not be for you. If it's the former, well read that article posted above. Anythings possible!

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

Makes. Me. Cry.

Kids are so dam tough, resilient SOB's.

Tell me about it. I live with it every single day. And graced by God for the opportunity.

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 2