Crossmen 2015

My excitement just got a big fat confirmation. They're going to be fantastic this year. "Fly to Paradise" is AWESOME!

I wonder if anyone wants to change their Crossmen predictions for the year.

• Like 1

I wonder if anyone wants to change their Crossmen predictions for the year.

That first impact in "Fly to Paradise" is gold, love what the guard is doing there.

Visual package looks a little meatier this year. Brass sounds great, percussion sounds fantastic, and the guard should be great when they're clean. Love those double flags in the opener. I really like what I see and hear, love when the pits a little back and the brass can move through them. Really sets up high brass and rifle features in "Jubal Step". The plane things are interesting, gonna have to see those some more to decide if I like em or not. Looks like there are some frame type things on side 1 and towards the back of the field where some smaller boards or props could be. "One Day I'll Flay Away" seems unfinished (which is ENTIRELY expected), but what they have is beautiful. We'll see what the corps around them do, there's a lot of talent in that grouping, but I think this is going to be a fantastic show. If that's June 1st, I CANNOT wait to see what August looks like.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

Enjoy it while it's up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FljT141wchE

Seems like they have a pretty good start so far.

Very nice.

1. I love me some Whitacre and Fly To Paradise is one of his best. XMen do it well...except for that little tag-end thing. It just didn't seem to fit.

2. Is that vocalist a corps member? Very nice voice.

3. Not too sure about the "paper airplane" thing, but I'll wait to see how it fits the show.

I can't wait to see Crossmen on the field.

• Like 1

WOW. Already that hornline sounds even better than last years (and last years was by no means bad). Colorguard writing seems a bit cluttered right now, but I'm positive that staff will clean and clarify the product come time for Finals. VERY excited to see them on the up and up like in times of old.

My one problem. They find their thing visually and then do it too much. Last year if I remember correctly they just had so many boxes. This year it's marching in front of the pit. It's cool the first time but when you hit 5 times in 8 minutes I go eh.

But the other thing is that when you have a visual element that you don't utilize, the judges then wonder why you did it to begin with (i.e. the stage with the Cadets). I think the couple times they came in front of the pit, each time was different, and seemed to me a tasteful way to use the visual option. Nice job Crossmen! My personal request is more sustained phrases with the brass feature at the end of the vid. Otherwise, LOVE it!

• Like 1

Very nice.

1. I love me some Whitacre and Fly To Paradise is one of his best. XMen do it well...except for that little tag-end thing. It just didn't seem to fit.

2. Is that vocalist a corps member? Very nice voice.

3. Not too sure about the "paper airplane" thing, but I'll wait to see how it fits the show.

I can't wait to see Crossmen on the field.

That's the theme from One Day I'll Fly Away, their ballad.