Blue Devils 2015 - "Ink"

They need to figure out the corps proper’s dancing in the kpop better, something about their movement does’t work with the uniform. It's too baggie for it. I like the idea of k-pop so we’ll see if they can clean it up

Don’t know where this show is going, still early but it feels recycled; drill, arranging, visual moves, even the props look recycled or repurposed. Thought they’d go a new way by now

Tell us about the show - being there live and all.

Well, very energetic opening. It's was hard to gage because the venue was not that big. Colorguard was only in black unis so no real effect colorwise from them. Performance wise they were typical BD form (CG). BD's uniforms really standout under the lights. I know some people have issues but uniforms as a unit is what counts. The snares starts out playing above the corp. sitting on ladders. Cool effect. Lots of body movement from the entire corp. The only thing that I didn't really like was the electronic sounds. It just sounded too base loud for my taste but it's probably a work in progress. Drumlime plays fast...seems faster than last years. The show moves well. All in all from their first public performance I was impressed. So much talent. The balled was by far my favorite part. No ending yet. Better than last year...Hmmm. That would say alot because that show was near perfection. They could still score a point below 99.65 and still win with this show. But I just have a feeling they will not go undefeated. I think from what I've heard The Cadets have a killer show. Would be fun to see a duel this year for the top.

• Like 2

Yes, but it's not the real ending. They haven't performed the closer yet.

And it's June....the ending will likely go through multiple versions before Finals night.

I think their 07 ending -- with the Beethoven's 9th quote -- didn't come in until very late in the season.

The music, as always, is just beautiful

The recording quality of the pre-season show used to be much better. I wonder why they decided to do the recording live with an audience?

The music is a lot of fun. The Goodwin part is awesome, and some of the soprano octave work on the fast, articulated passages is incredible.

Who knows if this show will win anything, I don't really care. The K-pop section is a little hard on the ears right now, but we'll see where that goes.

I haven't heard a show this year I've disliked, this is going to be another great year :babies:

Edited by cajal
  • Like 1

For the K-pop, they should use their hats in their hands for the dance to emphases the popping movement, sort of like it’s guard equipment with that big plume, it would carry further and the movement would get lost in the uniform

As someone who has been a BD detractor, I have to say I cannot wait for their show this year. The concept and the music fit into my personal wheelhouse. From what I saw last night 2015 will be a banner year

As someone who has been a BD detractor, I have to say I cannot wait for their show this year. The concept and the music fit into my personal wheelhouse. From what I saw last night 2015 will be a banner year

Are you saying this without watching the K-Pop section? You may be in for an... Unpleasant surprise lol. I've loved all of BD's shows since 2007 but I'm not too sure what I think of this one.