Blue Devils 2015 - "Ink"

One person sitting next to me last night actually got up and left just for Blue Devils performance because they dislike what they are doing so strongly. I was amazed!

Kudos to another great year and show BD! Like last year, it took me all season until I could see it live to love the show. Can't wait to see it again one more time. I'm hoping just one more time anyways ;)

• Like 4

Championship Report 6 - Clara

She. Is. So. Adorable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzXOy3tIw2A

I had a huge smile on my face watching that whole video. She's been given an amazing opportunity and it's clear she's enjoying the heck out of it!

• Like 2

The show is a total package. I was so blown away the first time I saw it I could not talk for 10 minutes.

I remember you hyping this show up quite a bit at the beginning of the season/during the pre-season. I was skeptical when I first saw it, but wow, it's blown me away too.

• Like 1

One person sitting next to me last night actually got up and left just for Blue Devils performance because they dislike what they are doing so strongly. I was amazed!

Y'know what always disappoints me? All of BD's recent show themes are about the arts: Fellini, Dada, Bacharach, Rite of Spring, this year -- and wasn't Constantly Risking Absurdity based on a beat poem?

All of that stuff is well-known, worth knowing, and canonical. And BD works hard to bring the essence of the source material onto the football field in a creative way.

And yet, as fans of the arts (supposedly), many of us call their shows "weird" or "out there", or say that it isn't drum corps because it's too esoteric. I like the wide range of creative ideas we see on the field each year. It just sort of bums me out when shows about THE ARTS get so much pushback in an ARTS competition. If we can't appreciate this kinda stuff, how can we expect it of anyone else?

• Like 1

Y'know what always disappoints me? All of BD's recent show themes are about the arts: Fellini, Dada, Bacharach, Rite of Spring, this year -- and wasn't Constantly Risking Absurdity based on a beat poem?

All of that stuff is well-known, worth knowing, and canonical. And BD works hard to bring the essence of the source material onto the football field in a creative way.

And yet, as fans of the arts (supposedly), many of us call their shows "weird" or "out there", or say that it isn't drum corps because it's too esoteric. I like the wide range of creative ideas we see on the field each year. It just sort of bums me out when shows about THE ARTS get so much pushback in an ARTS competition. If we can't appreciate this kinda stuff, how can we expect it of anyone else?

There are still a lot of folks that equate and would love The Blue Devils to still be defined by "Jazz."

For some, the content is irrelevant - and the scores mean everything. Fans have the right to leave when they want to, but I think many are missing out on some great stuff. This post applies to all corps of course, not just BD.

"If my team loses to crap like that, I can't stand it". You see lots of stuff like that on DCP.