Blue Devils 2015 - "Ink"

The only issue I have with the ending is that I'm tired of seeing the brass scatter drill-rush the side line. This show is too elegant for that, I'd love a huge company front or other appropriate staging.

Edited by defeldus

Honestly, I just want to see BD give the best two performances of their lives in the next 2 days, placements be ######. And hopefully, DCI will figure things out and make those performances available to us in the offseason. Good luck BD!

• Like 2

So to extend on my comment last night about the ending. This is the first time a Blue Devils show has *CLICKED* with me big time since I started following. Brutal honesty time about the rest of the season, but I'll make up for it after that, I promise. I like to keep it positive on here.

Up until last night I thought BDs show was kinda lazy. Yeah. It's "Into the Woods" kinda attempted within 12 minutes with some books and letters to try and make up for the vagueness and lack of direction. The closer was pointless and emotionless. Some awesome moments, but I thought as a show it paled in any comparison to their immaculate realization of their themes in recent years. Performing VERY well no doubt, just didn't like it.

That little girl. The pens. The little changes brought it together and TO LIFE last night. When he said "We're going to show you who's reading this story". I was kinda eh, it'll be some pretentious attempt at being deep. But when she came out of the book in "Children Will Listen" and interacted with the characters at the end of the show, I had a HUGE grin on my face. Her, and the little changes brought life and direction to the end of the show that I and many others felt was kinda meh all year.

Pretty awesome addition, I LOVED it last night. Unfortunate about the penalty, I had them a close 2nd or 1st with Crown. This is the first BD show that has made me feel something. I'm always impressed and wowed, but never really hit right in the feels. Do that more BD, you're gonna make me have to love ya. Fantastic show, one of my favorites of the night.

• Like 2

The only issue I have with the ending is that I'm tired of seeing the brass scatter drill-rush the side line. This show is too elegant for that, I'd love a huge company front or other appropriate staging.

Agreed. How hard would it be to turn that blob they form during the closer into an ink well instead of using the scatter drill?

I really like BD's music but question their visual program, as I have the last few years. It's almost like they don't mind losing GE points to other corps.

Was it my imagination or did they have some electronics issues during the giant's footsteps part of their show last night?

Was it my imagination or did they have some electronics issues during the giant's footsteps part of their show last night?

Yes, their generator was accidentally on "eco" mode causing it to go out during that segment.

BD had a bad run. Soloist missed and some tempos were slow and someone put the generator on eco so it went out. The took 2nd in percussion but they sounded a lot cleaner than anyone else did.

Funny thing I noticed though, is that EVERY SINGLE CORPS got an interview with a member after their show. Not BD. They also really really glossed over them in the final segment. didn't mention them once.

Crown was good (if you like triangles) but I really don't see how they beat Cadets! I really love Cadets and Bluecoats shows!

My other favorites were Blue Stars and I really LOVED Cavaliers! (and of course SCV but that goes without saying)

"Crown was good (if you like triangles)" LOL... Some people prefer rotating boxes. I like both.