Fan Network 2015

My sentiments exactly. This whole thing has been a mismanaged cluster_uck.

Yea! How terrible of DCI to need to make adjustments based on new laws and not doing what the buyers of the Fan Network want.

DCI should grow a pair and break the law and stream everything! Who cares that doing that could lead to fines, potential jail time, rights holders not giving future permission, etc.

It's all about us and those archives!

• Like 6

My sentiments exactly. This whole thing has been a mismanaged cluster_uck.

DCI doesn't need to communiate legally required changes...( radical changes in their service with a mid term unexpected diminishment of products in their subscription service, we might add )... in a timely, and prompt manner because it appears from reading DCP, that a sizable number of fans are perfectly on board with the way in which DCI was indefensively slow and altogether subpar in their communication to its FN customers on DCI's need to legally diminish the product with their customers mid term. There is no sound business practice that allows such poor communication like this to the customer. However, it is also an understood principle in the business world that if many customers will put up with poor communication by the seller of products, then, by gosh, why treat the customers with anything but what they'll put up with. And so, DCI was delayed and slow to roll out FN for the new term now too. Well....what an apparent gosh darn new surprise to some this appears to be now, huh ? ( haha! ) And lets face it, some fans want to blame other fans for DCI 's inability to communicate in a timely and transparant manner what apparently was a new found legal requirement put on DCI in the middle of a contract term with the customer. So if some buyers are not pleased with the subpar communication from the seller on their new found legal requirement mid term, its apparently mostly the buyers fault for this lack of transparancy, slow communication, diminishment of expected product delivery, failure to read the fine print, and yada yada,. Thats what the central message some fans want to convey to other fans on how DCI handled its communication on this with its customers. Heck, we have even read on here that " lawyers " prevented DCI from communicating promptly and efficiently and in a timely manner on this to their FN customers in mid term. And apparently some DCP'ers fell for this nonsensical, ridiculous excuse too... Oh well, it is what it is, and we move now into another term, and we'll find out soon enough what DCI intends to sell us with their FN this new term .... but.... don't forget to read the fine print with the potential DCI FN disclaimers here... lesson learned.

Edited by BRASSO

http://dci.thefannetwork.org/ has a statement from dci

Dear Fan Network Member:

We apologize for the delay in bringing you the plan for the 2015 Drum Corps International Tour on the DCI Fan Network.

We know that you’re as excited as we are about the start of another incredible season of performances, and we assure you that it will be well worth the wait; with more live streams from more events available on more devices than ever before.

You can expect to receive an update on or before June 1. Until then, please continue to enjoy the Fan Network with our complements.

Edited by blueorginal

DCI doesn't need to communiate legally required changes...( radical changes in their service with a mid term unexpected diminishment of products in their subscription service, we might add )... in a timely, and prompt manner because it appears from reading DCP, that a sizable number of fans are perfectly on board with the way in which DCI was indefensively slow and altogether subpar in their communication to its FN customers on DCI's need to legally diminish the product with their customers mid term. There is no sound business practice that allows such poor communication like this to the customer. However, it is also an understood principle in the business world that if many customers will put up with poor communication by the seller of products, then, by gosh, why treat the customers with anything but what they'll put up with. <snip>

Your problem is that you are confusing DCI with a business that has competitors.

So long as fans have no other choice from which to feed their drum corps needs, DCI has no incentive what-so-ever to act like a traditional business.

I remember a possible explanation centered on lawyers potentially directing DCI to say nothing but I don't remember any evidence being presented that verified the statement as anything other than a guess.

You're using quite a broad brush to paint "fans".

Oh well, it is what it is, and we move now into another term, and we'll find out soon enough what DCI intends to sell us with their FN this new term .... but.... don't forget to read the fine print with the potential DCI FN disclaimers here... lesson learned.

Well, see there IS a silver lining to these dark clouds you see!

Caveat Emptor. Reading the agreement before you accept it should not be a new concept to you or anyone else. If DCI's changes were responsible for a FN member learning that lesson, then the subscription fee was money well-spent, IMO.

Your problem is that you are confusing DCI with a business that has competitors.

So long as fans have no other choice from which to feed their drum corps needs, DCI has no incentive what-so-ever to act like a traditional business.

I remember a possible explanation centered on lawyers potentially directing DCI to say nothing but I don't remember any evidence being presented that verified the statement as anything other than a guess.

You're using quite a broad brush to paint "fans".

DCI has a competitor.... DCA. But their customer service can generally be subar too, so you are correct that DCI has no bonifide competitors that offer better services, products as an alternative to most fans of the activity.. Setting this acknowledged lack of bonafide competition aside however, are you telling us that you believe that DCI handled their communication mid term in their subscription service in a timely,transparent, efficient manner ?

Edited by BRASSO

:lookaround:

Imagining how much speculative outrage can peak in this thread in the next 3 days leading up to the actual published announcement date.

If DCI's changes were responsible for a FN member learning that lesson, then the subscription fee was money well-spent, IMO.

Nonsense. You ( nor I ) get to determine if how someone spent their OWN money " was money well spent ". Frankly, making that assessment for OTHERS, is arrogant, selfish, and entirely not your assessment to make... as its not YOUR money ( nor mine ).

Edited by BRASSO

DCI has a competitor.... DCA. But their customer service can generally be subar too, so you are correct that DCI has no bonifide competitors that offer better services, products as an alternative to most fans of the activity.. Setting this acknowledged lack of bonafide competition aside however, are you telling us that you believe that DCI handled their communication mid term in their subscription service in a timely,transparent, efficient manner ?

Maybe, maybe not.

I've been down this warp-hole with you before and I'm not going to succumb on this issue.

(BTW, all-age is not a competitor to WC or OC DCI corps, IMO.)

I know that when looking at financial statements "millions" appears for DCI.

However, they are really a "small potatoes" outfit. The fact that we have some of the technology to watch shows and they have somehow managed to broadcast events in theatres says a lot more about working with a limited budget (yes -it's small).