Fan Network 2015

Perhaps not, but:

1. Anyone willing to bet WGI's days aren't also numbered?
  2. Hard to believe that DCI would impose this policy on its own accord. Even the terse response to yogitom's inquiry indicates the situation is hoped to be temporary.

it may be Neulion's policy. i've asked too just to be safe

DCI should be embarrassed by the way they have handled & managed the Fan Network & DCI Live situation. DCI is run by a bunch of hacks who need to be replaced by people who understand how to run a business.

Uh…. Hasn't DCI been posting really strong profits, and increased viewership/attendance in the last few years? If that's not running a business well, not sure really what to tell you.

Okay, let's accept that statement as true: WGI has it figured out. Let's also accept that DCI wants the same outcome: live streams; replay; archive; download and DVD sales.

Either:

1. DCI execs are too proud or clueless to pick up the phone and ask WGI some questions
  2. There's something uniquely intrinsic to the DCI model that is preventing a breakthrough

Call me naive, but I'm thinking the situation has more to do with No. 2 than No. 1.

possibly. WGI shows finals weekend only live. DCi runs multiple events all summer

Just so when you get a little smooch from the mods you'll know who filed the report.

I did too, now he has a 50/50 shot to get it right

Uh…. Hasn't DCI been posting really strong profits, and increased viewership/attendance in the last few years? If that's not running a business well, not sure really what to tell you.

I'm not sure "profits" is the correct term but, yes, revenue seems to be stable-to-up.

Although I keep hearing questions about where the expenses are going, but that's another thread.

The Drum Corps activity has shrunk & gone backwards under this DCI regime...& the way they have handled the fan network situation & communication is bush league.

Edited by FlamMan

I'm with flam on this. Form letter or not, it was nice of them to provide all that info. But they didn't answer his one simple question: will there be DVR or not? Considering the pace at which the legal system seems to work, I think it's safe to assume they know the answer to that 6 days before the first live show.

actually it said they're working on it.

Yes, it seems likely that what you got was excerpted from some announcement they were going to make publicly.

But it hadn't been! You got the big scoop. You're the Woodward and Bernstein, or at least the Jeff Ream, of this story. Enjoy it!

hell yeah. i've been so busy with work i didnt even get to check it out til tonight. i knew a few answers, but swore i'd keep it quiet for now...they answered all i knew and more

The Drum Corps activity has shrunk & gone backwards under this DCI regime...& the way they have handled the fan network situation & communication is bush league.

Shrinking corps numbers are not completely DCI's fault. That's on corps management not having the money to get down the road. And again, attendance and viewership has been increasing. So has actually been growing, especially with the introduction of Soundsport and Drumline Battle. There are four new corps this season. Go watch them. More drum corps is great.