Fan Network 2015

The service could be very resource intensive. As in, if your CPU and graphics card suck, you may see some stuttering.

From the technically challenged, thank you for your responses today!

test drive!!!...that is just so passé...BAC 2012...

Just to briefly get off topic, BAC 2013's (I'm assuming you meant 2013 and not 2012) Test Drive got me hooked onto the How to Train Your Dragon soundtrack for when I'm studying.

• Like 1

From the technically challenged, thank you for your responses today!

My knowledge of technology is very basic but I try to help with whatever I can!

• Like 1

That was quite a letter and I know he didn't write it just for me. All I want to know is DVR or not? simple to the point.

Yes, it seems likely that what you got was excerpted from some announcement they were going to make publicly.

But it hadn't been! You got the big scoop. You're the Woodward and Bernstein, or at least the Jeff Ream, of this story. Enjoy it!

• Like 1

Could switching to another browser help? Since I moved to Chrome, I have a lot fewer issues than I did with IE or Firefox.

Not sure why anyone would ever use IE unless they didn't realize Firefox and Chrome exist.

Firefox has recently become a lot less of a resource hog compared to Chrome (actually, it's just that Chrome has really bloated up) but either of those browsers should give fast enough performance. However, if you're using a MacBook, stick to Safari.

Could switching to another browser help? Since I moved to Chrome, I have a lot fewer issues than I did with IE or Firefox.

Good thought.....but I am using Chrome.

Not sure why anyone would ever use IE unless they didn't realize Firefox and Chrome exist.

Firefox has recently become a lot less of a resource hog compared to Chrome (actually, it's just that Chrome has really bloated up) but either of those browsers should give fast enough performance. However, if you're using a MacBook, stick to Safari.

Windows 7 machine here.

I had issues with Firefox and Flash. Aside from constant crashing, whenever I opened a new session it wouldn't take long for the browser to start hogging resources. I did everything I could to try and fix it and it didn't work so I switched to Chrome. It takes a lot less system resources.

• Like 1

So, how is it that those connection numbers lead to no buffering and I can't listen to a single note with the ones I posted earlier?

Looking at your connection the ping is 21 mili-seconds...while that doesn't seem like much it can be a factor...LAG

The fault belongs to either one, some or all of the below... good luck isolating the cause.
1) Your PC. Run all the diagnostics you can to see if your machine is up to snuff.
2) Your home network. Eliminate everything here, including your router, wifi connections and long network wires. Connect your PC directly to your cable or DSL modem and try it again. If it works, then start replacing home network gear one by one.
3) Your connection from your modem to your ISP. Speedtest.net is one way to check this. If that's good, then you can't blame your ISP.
4) The connection from your ISP to the supplier of the video. It's difficult for you to test this upstream leg. Only way to check is to try streaming videos from different sites. If its lousy on all of them, don't blame the content distribution system of your video source.