Fan Network 2015

The new streaming service does support on demand video. However, it looks like DCI is choosing not to use it.

They haven't taken that down yet, but they will. Fan Network is going away, to be replaced by DCI Live. Different service, different terms. Everyone's subscription to Fan Network technically expired on May 31st--that was the deal agreed to at sign-up time last year.

Ah. So they're putting all their eggs in the "one chance at flawless live streaming" basket. No DVR, no VOD, no archives. This is where I get off the DCI internet trainwreck.

Edited by drangin
  • Like 2

I think they just need to make it clear about the past versus present service offering....while some posters here say it was perfectly clear to them from the press release...I am from the camp that not everyone is exactly getting it...a FAQ should have been made to spearhead this problem...to combat all these unanswered questions and confusion IMO.

Well, yeah, BUT... you're not new around here, heh. This is DCI we're talking about, not one of the nine companies lauded in this article for managing PR problems well:

http://www.businessinsider.com/pr-disasters-crisis-management-2011-5

• Like 1

The new streaming service does support on demand video. However, it looks like DCI is choosing not to use it.

"Choosing," in the sense that to choose to use it would bring down the hellfire of lawyers, or would cost so much in licensing fees as to be prohibitive. Again, I can't see DCI withholding on-demand video simply to be capricious or greedy.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman

So it appears that the legacy videos are no longer available period.

I just have one question....DCI, Why did you bother extending my subscription only to yank it from me a week and a half later? You should have just ENDED it May 31st and been done with it IMO...

• Like 1

Ah. So they're putting all their eggs in the "one chance at flawless live streaming" basket. No DVR, no VOD, no archives.

Well, DCI indicated last week that the Fan Network archives would return, and a few pages earlier in this thread, someone reported hearing from DCI that would happen after the season was over.

the free video content is unwatchable on any device in my home............so I guess everything else, disappointing or not, is meaningless for me. Even if it was the best combo of features and content ever concocted (which unfortunately, it is not), for me it's a no-go as a subscriber. It is a sad day in my household.

IF everything had functioned as it shoulda/coulda, the Live ONLY set-up also would have stopped me from forking over money, as real-life has to trump DCI in my world. I watched every single event last year (outside of the four in-season shows and all three nights in Indy I attended) through the OnDemand side of the Fan Network. I cannot quit my job or miss my kid's activities for appointment only drum corps. But, watched EVERY event otherwise, usually with my entire family within the following day or two. That experience alone now has my 12-yr old chomping at the bit to march drum corps. It will be too bad to lose that connection with my family....and without it, will be interesting to see if drum corps will be able to hold the ever-changing attention span of a modern-day 12-yr old.

I fully understand the hell (Inferno!) that DCI has been thrown into with the licensing beast. It is too bad that the fallout is the loss of a customer that has been on-board with the Fan Network since Day 1. The legacy DVD's are nice to own, but nothing beats being able to keep up with the current season as it progresses, filling the holes between the few shows that I can attend and letting the excitement build all the way to Indy. Fan Network, you will be missed!

• Like 2