2015 Uniforms (All Threads Now Merged HERE)

BD's own pinball show only placed fourth in 1990.

Me and every other person on DCP except you, apparently. As far as I can recall, not even BD's most ardent fans mentioned any of the references you cite.

Are you writing from Italy? Isn't one of Fellini's first films about trying to get to an audience in the Vatican? Isn't one of the most famous images in Fellini's film the shot of a statue of Christ being transported by helicopter?

Exactly. There is tons and tons of religious commentary in Fellini's films! Tons of references, tons of lampooning, (most of them inappropriate for a 401c3 drum corps show.) If you watch carefully, in 8 1/2 Guido enters an elevator with a religious clergyman who turns the page of his bible the wrong way! Get it? Get it? The clergyman's pretending to understand the bible! Fellini was constantly wrestling with the idea of organized religion and toyed with religious imagery all the time. His anti-establishment views comprised his "religion."

Clearly you understand that it's in the best interest of a nonprofit drum corps show not to use blatant Christian imagery, right? Clearly you get that BD used more subtle imagery commenting on alternative spirituality like the lady in black saving the limping clown.

You're not confused as to why there was no blatant anti-Christian imagery in BD's production, right?

Edited by Channel3

Recently there was a topic about pseudointellectuals on DCP. I got to wondering who they were referring to. Now I know.

Seriously, did you even look up a synopsis of Dante's Inferno? Be honest. Tell us. Do you even know what it's about? No fair looking it up now. Answer honestly.

I'll dumb it down so you get it:

• DCI shows used to be simple.
  • DCI shows now have themes.
  • Themes make DCI smarter.
  • Themes make DCI complex.
  • Themes add meaning to DCI shows.
  • The Fellini show was smarter than Tilt.
  • Tilt didn't comment on life, art or the way we live.
  • Tilt's designers were lazy.
  • Tilts designers didn't care about deeper meaning.
  • Tilt lost.
  • Most members know why Tilt didn't win but are too defensive to admit it.
  • Most members here can't explain any deeper meaning behind "Tilt". (There isn't one.)
  • Most members here are scared to research show themes.
  • Most members here don't use words like "theme" "game" "drama" "staging" "set pieces" or "character" "inner battle" or "story".
  • Most members here wouldn't know if their McDonalds was taken over by Ludo Lefebvre.
  • Most members here don't question DCI designers and don't know what they do and are afraid to ask.
  • Most members here are used to taking orders, just like in corps.
  • Most members here think scores are based on the marchers, not the designers.
  • Most members here don't question what's in a show and why.
  • Most members here don't understand that costume color, texture, fabric, cut and design are based on the show's theme.
  • Most members here don't realize DCI is transforming into a sophisticated art form.
  • Most members here are scared of long sentences.
  • Most members are scared to question artistic authority.

Look at how many posts in this forum are a blanket rejection of what I wrote. Tons and tons. And not one person agreed with anything I said. This forum is filled with frightened, defensive meat puppets who didn't even bother to google Dante's Inferno yet this year and don't even recognize the significance of circles in Crown's drill. For shame. You all get F's.

Edited by Channel3
  • Like 1

Never change, Channel3, never. So much entertainment.

• Like 1

So we're just gonna let em run rampantly and completely off topic AND calling us a bunch of unnecessary bull ####. Lol.

Maybe no one agreeing with you is a big fat sign you are just being completely silly and rude and deflective. Might wanna change your delivery strategy and actually be able to support and defend your arguments you are trying to make.

Good day sir.

2a943257662041ec4b8b7ebc97b8bc3d.jpg

Though I agree the sheer novelty and entertainment is pretty off the charts.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

Seriously, did you even look up a synopsis of Dante's Inferno? Be honest. Tell us. Do you even know what it's about? No fair looking it up now. Answer honestly.

I'll dumb it down so you get it:

• DCI shows used to be simple.
  • DCI shows now have themes.
  • Themes make DCI smarter.
  • Themes make DCI complex.

• Themes add meaning to DCI shows.
  • The Fellini show was smarter than Tilt.
  • Tilt didn't comment on life, art or the way we live.
  • Tilt's designers were lazy.
  • Tilts designers didn't care about deeper meaning.
  • Tilt lost.
  • Most members know why Tilt didn't win but are too defensive to admit it.
  • Most members here can't explain any deeper meaning behind "Tilt". (There isn't one.)
  • Most members here are scared to research show themes.
  • Most members here don't use words like "theme" "game" "drama" "staging" "set pieces" or "character" "inner battle" or "story".
  • Most members here wouldn't know if their McDonalds was taken over by Ludo Lefebvre.
  • Most members here don't question DCI designers and don't know what they do and are afraid to ask.
  • Most members here are used to taking orders, just like in corps.
  • Most members here think scores are based on the marchers, not the designers.
  • Most members here don't question what's in a show and why.
  • Most members here don't understand that costume color, texture, fabric, cut and design are based on the show's theme.
  • Most members here don't realize DCI is transforming into a sophisticated art form.
  • Most members here are scared of long sentences.
  • Most members are scared to question artistic authority.
Look at how man posts are a blanket rejection of what I wrote. Tons and tons. And not one person agreed with anything. This forum is filled with frightened, defensive meat puppets who didn't even bother to google Dante's Inferno yet this year and don't even recognize the significance of circles in Crown's drill. For shame. You all get F's.

You're posts are cute. What's your HS playing this season? Did you tell your director your thoughts?

I hope so!

• Like 2