5. Vanguard

T6. Bluecoats

T6. Blue Devils

T6. Blue Knights

T6. Blue Stars

10. Mandarins

11. Phantom Regiment

12. Blue Devils B

I'll have a case of whatever your drinking. Nice dream.

Does anyone believe that the corps name and uniform affects said corps placement? Say for example if the BD members and Pioneers swapped corps/show would their be a placement difference?

I think no matter what corps the Blue Devils members were a part of, they would still be the best. The biggest thing is the staff. Give those marchers Pioneer's staff, probably not a champion. Same vice versa.

I think no matter what corps the Blue Devils members were a part of, they would still be the best. The biggest thing is the staff. Give those marchers Pioneer's staff, probably not a champion. Same vice versa.

I disagree with this statement. The educators at those lower levels like Pioneer in your example IMO are a hellava lot more skilled than you think. They are dealing with a bunch of "greenies"...less experienced and talented members. At the Blue Devils level the educators are handed a bunch of seasoned and very experienced veterans allowing for more refinement...

• Like 6

I disagree with this statement. The educators at those lower levels like Pioneer in your example IMO are a hellava lot more skilled than you think. They are dealing with a bunch of "greenies"...less experienced and talented members. At the Blue Devils level the educators are handed a bunch of seasoned and very experienced veterans allowing for more refinement...

Agreed.

it can be looked at both ways as well as have the both scenario's . Often a named or experienced staff person consults for a lower corps and the in house staff often is a person looking to make their way. True though, a top corps does get more experienced members although they often have to re program a new member to fit.

If BD's entire staff went to Pioneer, within a few years Pioneer would be in medal contention, imo ( and BD would fall out of medal contention .)

For the simple reason that MM talent would go to where the staffs write the best show designs that position the Corps to win it all. If Pioneer got the top staffers, thats where the nation's most talented MM's would gravitate to... same as they do now at BD.

When deep pockets Star of Indiana started out, they went out and payed the best staffers in the biz the best salaries to come to them. MM talent then flocked to Bloomington as a result, and Star quickly shot right up to the top of the heap in DCI.... (before Star later flamed just as quickly.)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

If BD's entire staff went to Pioneer, within a few years Pioneer would be in medal contention, imo ( and BD would fall out of medal contention .)

For the simple reason that MM talent would go to where the staffs write the best show designs that position the Corps to win it all. If Pioneer got the top staffers, thats where the nation's most talented MM's would gravitate to... same as they do now at BD.

When deep pockets Star of Indiana started out, they went out and payed the best staffers in the biz the best salaries to come to them. MM talent then flocked to Bloomington as a result, and Star quickly shot right up to the top of the heap in DCI.... (before Star later flamed just as quickly.)

All true, staff accomplishments, what a corps offers, and dozens of other reasons, basically success breeds success and attracts those who want whats being offered .

Not an unusal thing in this or life in general imo

Edited by GUARDLING

While I think there I something to be said about what you stated, Pioneer's staff has shown for years that they will stick to their roots in Irish related shows. This has held that corps back due to the lack of creativity. Marchers don't want to perform the same show every year. But now, they seem to be transitioning away from this, and their needle is pointing up. I would anticipate Pioneer moving up in the ranks of DCI soon if they keep this transition going.

This is my wishful-thinking-but-still-in-the-realm-of-possibility prediction - knowing next to nothing about shows.

1. Crown

2. Cadets

3. SCV

4. BD

5. Bloo

6. BK

7. PR

8. Cavies

9. Madison

10. BAC

11. BS

12. Troop (Everyone just loves to put Troop here, so why not?)

13. Crossmen

14. Colts

15. OC

16. Academy

17. Mandarins

18. SOA

19. PC

20. Cascades

21. Surf

22. Pioneer

Insert BDB & VC in the 15 - 20 range for semis.

Edited by luv4corps