Steeling the Show in Pittsburgh - June 24

Due to the short length of the drum corps season now days, it's nearly impossible to make large wholesale changes to ones show and expect/experience quantum upward movement in score...Unfortunately, if you don’t show up with "game" right out of the shoot, the seasonal "slotting" die is pretty well cast. For all of the pre-season hype and spin that this is a Madison show for the ages, unless a miracle occurs, right now this 2015 program looks to be a 9-12th place showing on finals night...And I believe 9th would be generous.

• Like 1

Due to the short length of the drum corps season now days, it's nearly impossible to make large wholesale changes to ones show and expect/experience quantum upward movement in score...Unfortunately, if you don’t show up with "game" right out of the shoot, the seasonal "slotting" die is pretty well cast. For all of the pre-season hype and spin that this is a Madison show for the ages, unless a miracle occurs, right now this 2015 program looks to be a 9-12th place showing on finals night...And I believe 9th would be generous.

Several of the more competitively and consistently successful units seem to presume change as part of the game, plan for that inevitability, and schedule accordingly.

Look at the top corps and you'll often see several break days for rehearsals before each regional. This is when changes are often put into performance. Tweeks on the other hand are a daily event with a good instructional staff and a constantly mutually communicative faculty. With the use of the current technologies, effecting changes in the show is easier today than ever even though the shows are more complicated. New times demand new teaching styles and methods.

If however, the winter program has been weak or limited, the bulk of Spring training and practice days on tours often must be dedicated to basics. The chance for change becomes a burden and your above comments have some merit. New times demand new teaching styles and methods.

• Like 1

Very original Boz. Mine sure didn't - I fully expect the Scouts to end out in 10th to 12th again this year - I was just poking a little fun at McJordanSC who just couldn't resist throwing a jab at the Scouts.

To be fair, there were quite a few people predicting the Scouts to place 7 or 8 this year due to the "amazing" new staff. But yes 10 to 12th is a lot more realistic.

Regardless of where Madison finishes on finals night, this show is killer! Love Madison this year - super enjoyable show.

To be fair, there were quite a few people predicting the Scouts to place 7 or 8 this year due to the "amazing" new staff. But yes 10 to 12th is a lot more realistic.

There always are - I used to be one of them.

Edited by SFZFAN

The Scouts have been solid for the past 5 seasons. I just wish they would start upping the ante and do a more difficult visual program for once. Their drill has been too easy.

If you get your drill 95% + clean by Finals, your drill is too easy.