Making Moves in Muncie - June 26

I remember one year at Allentown...it was absolutely pouring rain all around the area EXCEPT at Allentown...I mean I literally almost turned around and went back home...If it weren't for the fact that I already traveled 140+ miles I probably would have gone home....I'm so glad that I didn't...that show was EPIC!!!

I agree. Several trips out to Allentown the sky was very threatening or was raining and it stopped for the show to go on,

I have read a reliable source that they are working on indoor standstill contingency as well.

• Like 1

I agree. Several trips out to Allentown the sky was very threatening or was raining and it stopped for the show to go on,

I think that poster is talking about 2011, for which I was there. I was getting ancy because I was dying to see Cadets' show. And no more than 5 minutes after Cadets marched off the field, it started pouring. Needless to say, I was pretty happy I was able to see them.

Hello all,

Currenlty a large area of heavy rain is approaching the Muncie area.

I see alot of you are saying the rain will have passed by show time....Here's what I see currently. Looking at the latest radar loop alone, you can see the MCS moving across Illinois into Indiana. It does seem to have a slight NE movement to it which could leave on to believe the southenrn end of the storm to pass near showtime, but notice it also has a large roational value to it seemingly from the SW. Looks to be the upper level low pressure. It seems redevelopment will happen due to daytime heating and that upper level shortwave passing through the area. Combine those with the stalled warm front as the focal point, and precipitable water values approaching 2 inches, some weak CAPE moving into the area and you have a recipie for rain, heavy at times. The NWS out of Indy has the point by point forecast of rain until 2am steady, then falling off as the morning goes on for the Muncie area.

Now, that being said, i've been doing this long enough to know that there is no guarentees in weather. I would definetly go holding out hope that somehow the rain take a break long enough for the show to get in or it goes quicker that forecast (Denton TX last year - DrumManTx, I remember that) Just know that there is a very good chance it won't. At least not all of it.

I wanna be wrong here, I promise. Again, this is what I see at Noon. I'll try and look again at around 4pm as its quiet in my CWA, no severe threat to speak of, just flooding.

It is so wonderful that we have a great DCP weatherman like yourself to predict and forecast the weather for these shows!!!!

...I know only a little more than most...only due to the simple fact that when it comes to aviation and flying I was taught a lot about weather which made me a little "mini" weatherman...but I always listened carefully to the warnings of the pre-flight weather briefer's...I've personally experienced though better and worse than forecast many times...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1

Our resident weather person right here. Thank you for the information.

You're welcome! Don't forget Precious Roy! :)

• Like 1

It is so wonderful that we have a great DCP weatherman like yourself to predict and forecast the weather for these shows!!!!

...I know only a little more than most laymen...but when it comes to aviation and flying I was taught a lot about weather which made me a little "mini" weatherman...but I always listened carefully to the warnings of the pre-flight weather briefer's...I've personally experienced though better and worse than forecasted many times...

Thanks again!

Oh man, I've had my share of busted forecasts....drives me crazy. But....it has always driven me to work harder too. Weather can be impossible to forecast accurately at times.

8 corps, 8 finalist corps from last season, in Muncie, and DCI couldn't have this show be a full panel because????

• Like 1

8 corps, 8 finalist corps from last season, in Muncie, and DCI couldn't have this show be a full panel because????

Because George Hopkins.

• Like 1

Because that is the way it has been for the last several years early season...other than the fans...I have not heard any corps complain about it...just saying...