Fake Plastic GE

Actually a valid point.

My bad trying to be clever.

...but I still don't think someone who stops being a fan can be called a die hard fan.

I've always found you to be a thoughtful poster on here, MikeD so it does not surprise me that you rethought your initial comment, and decided to rephrase it in a fashion that is more fitting. That said, don't stop the attempts at humor or cleverness. Most of the time you don't swing and miss, imo. Most of the time you at least hit for a single, double, and at other times , you actually hit it out of the park. So keep swinging for the fences, MikeD

• Like 3

Wait BRASSO, who are you saying is a SWINGER- Ok never mind, doesn't swing and miss;)

Wait BRASSO, who are you saying is a SWINGER- Ok never mind, doesn't swing and miss;)

These two swingers :

http://www.thepublicreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/The-Boy-on-the-Swing-Arcola-Theatre.jpg

• Like 1

I'd say from the easily noticeable mass exodus of fans from many of the local shows before the scores are announced... and in increasing frequency with reach passing year in my observations...

Alternate theory: DCI's internet presence over the last 10 years has improved greatly. Stadium traffic, on the other hand, is an ancient problem that will never change. If you know you can catch the scores while you're cruising home and eating a burger, whereas the people livetweeting those scores are going to be stuck in traffic, why bother? I wouldn't read it as lack of interest.

As for the rest, poor execution is definitely a problem, but the shows I see winning from year to year aren't the ones executing this stuff poorly, with some forgivably overzealous exceptions ("Without you, I have no reason for being!" Chill bruh.) GE judges seem to be pretty good at holding corps accountable score-wise, and corps with the means to do so seem to be pretty good at adapting their training to these new demands.

I think we're just still in the awkward, pubescent stage, though I'd argue we're coming out of it. It'll work itself out.

Actually a valid point.

My bad trying to be clever.

...but I still don't think someone who stops being a fan can be called a die hard fan.

Try saying that to others who enjoy Bruce Willis films.

• Like 2

Now cut that out!

Yippee-ki-yi-yay......