Michigan City Match 6/27

I always heard it stood for Boston Area Corps. Whatever it stands for, I love the corps.

• Like 2

Thanks Kevin. I appreciate the vivid descriptions; you brought it to life for us and I'm another dad with their son out there who likes to know how things are going. When I was at DCI at the Cinema, a visual tech who knew my son told me that he progressed fast and was now Bad A$$ which I was taken aback by at first considering his opposite demeanor of humility, but now I see this is DCI speak of the highest compliment Maybe he was meant to be with BAC but The Cadets will need to deal with him.

• Like 1

I always heard it stood for Boston Area Corps. Whatever it stands for, I love the corps.

Now ( I know Im gonna hear it for this ) I know a corps , was a while back, who said it stood for Behind Again and Crying ................STOP and lighten up those whos blood pressure just hit an all time high..other corps have pet names also. relax..lol

I have a pretty good memory and while it does not go back prior to 1975 when I saw my first drum corps show, it does date back to some of the more heated days of drum corps in Massachusetts when 27th was above it all, Boston Crusaders whether full corps or when somewhat smaller was still formidable and always tough as nails, North Star was like an annoying bee that could sting both of them as 1979 CYO Nationsls showed them, (Madison is still sore about that one) and of course Holy Family Defenders who were probably just the Defenders at that point whose volume blew you away and could be a fly in the ointment for these three great corps. So what does this have to do with the meaning of BAC? I only remember hearing Bas A### after North Star and Defenders and later 27th had disbanded and BAC was the last corps standing. That's not to say it didn't exist, I just never heard it. I do know I heard Boston Area at a later date, after the corps began making finals. A possible explanation could be that Bad A## may be an old nickname dating back a number of years. There was a point where the corps could not officially use the name Boston Crusaders due to bankruptcy hearings and just went by the name Boston. I would wonder if this is when Boston Area came into existence when the corps almost had to change its name.

Craiga and some of the BAC folks can answer definitively, unless they stopped reading after mentioning 27th, North Star, and Defenders!!! (Only kidding)

• Like 1