Clifton 7/5

The crown sign was backwards tonight.

What he spelled was "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here", but backwards.

The guy sitting in front of me told the guy sitting next to him "It's supposed to be that way, it will read normally from the judges box up high at finals". uh.

• Like 1

The guy sitting in front of me told the guy sitting next to him "It's supposed to be that way, it will read normally from the judges box up high at finals". uh.

LOL.

It will reflect off the glass of the box and show up normal. Perfect GE planning really.

It will reflect off the glass of the box and show up normal. Perfect GE planning really.

Or maybe it's backwards to go along with the upside-down crown and pyramid in the drill.

Where are you sitting? Is synth bass louder up close or farther back? Curious since it's so omnidirectional.

I was halfway up, row ~15. its not a very high/tall stadium. I definitly felt like the amps were "aimed" at me it was that loud in some cases. The people surrounding me agreed. I know the Cadets brass book very well having seen it so many times - and there were times when I could barely hear them over the pit and the vocal counting. In the opened it was hard to make out some of the numbers (volume + the echo) and for some of them I didn't even hear the corps playing that many notes (6 was particulary bad). For a moment (hence why i asked) I thought something was configured wrong since Hop looked a bit agitated and I saw a 2nd guy jog to the soundboard, kneel down and adjust something.

I just got home from the show. Wow! :wow: All the corps did a fantastic job tonight and deserve kudos for their level of performance, as its only July 5th. My quick thoughts are below:

The Blue Devils show is already following the trend they used last year and is incredible. Their high brass and color guard are really effective. I think the dancing and song in the middle of the show is a little ineffective, but I'm sure it will change before finals. Maybe someone can explain it to me. :notify:

The Cadets are simply the best at playing and drilling their but##z off at an extremely fast pace :wow: . My only key observation is that the colorguard is not as effective as it has been in prior years and could potentially drag their score a little lower.

Carolina Crown's colorguard and brass are :wow:! Its amazing to me how sharp they look and sound already. If they can get their percussion scores up and add an awesome closer to this show, they will go from being .9 points behind 1st place to potentially being .1 or equal with The Cadets and/or The Blue Devils.

Boston Crusaders- I think there is too much going on with this show and it needs a little more focus. It has some amazing moments and some not so good moments. :poke:

Jersey Surf's show was really good. Good Job to the brass players as they did a good job displaying there skill tonight.

To all corps members, keep up the great work!!!

the scores are so close... wow.

hahahahaha

I said BD was vulnerable, and I believe that they are.

This was hair razor thin tonite. Crown not far behind.. but still behind

That 75.350 was a great score tonite for BAC. It will be a good gauge when there are full panels, and we get to the Regionals, and all the Corps are there head to head. But if Liahona tells me he was there and he's noticing good improvement, thats good enough for me.

I watched Whitewater show... Bluecoats toppped SCV, but it was a close one.. Bluecoats show is so much different than the others. Its growing on me. I had them over SCV a bit more than the judges did. Madison is improving. Blue Stars.. need more looks on that show. Cavs solid. Surprised with Phantom. I enjoy the show, but its seems not that fresh and new to me, especially musically, nice closer though. They still project so much class on the field with their uniforms, guard outfits.

Yes there was DEFINITE improvement...It was a very stark contrast in the right direction...this show is going to start to pull away from some of their competitors very soon...as far closing the gap from the top...I am definitely buying into that...it really helped for me to see/hear BAC and then Crown...

• Like 1

Seems like every year there is one corps that has by far the most homer-fans than any other corps. This year, that nod goes to the Boston Crusaders.

• Like 1