Phailing Phantom-- How Phar Will They Phall?

So. Instead of drama and killing on the field this year it's been moved to the DCP thread?

talk about bringing the show into the audience!

Thread should be renamed: Phantom Pains.

Though I have been known for a few bitting posts within threads, I do not see the point of creating a thread that in its title alone we suggest the "down fall" of a corps, any corps. The thread title assumes they will fall. I don't think that cool.

• Like 6

Alright then, please enlighten me.

I'm curious as to how explaining why I think, based on my current read and opinion of a show, a corps has become a 6-8 corps, and could finish as low as tenth makes me stupid.

Please, be my guest, and explain to me how that is stupid.

Nobody called you stupid - It's the thread - want this explained? OK - I'll go slowly for you:

1. You create a thread berating a drum corps that is in fact doing just fine.

2. You invite people to chew you out.

3. When someone reacts negatively to your thread you get all pissy about it.

Seems pretty self explanatory.

Very well done.

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 3

The nice part of being a fan is I don't have to have a plan, just a demand.

All I want from Phantom each year is to be in the top 6 and for them to play vaguely orchestral-written music. (I know, I know, "Oh, is that all?")

When looking at their last few shows compared to those in the top 5, they do seem kind of ... vanilla. I'd love to see them try something more experimental, a la Crown 2013, but still in the orchestra hall wheelhouse.

That said, I actually do like their show a lot this year. It just ends kind of flat. I assume that will be changing.

Mike

• Like 5

See what I did there?

Anyway I'll be blunt and I'm sure I'll enrage quite a few people.

I saw Phantom three times in California this season and am watching the live webcast tonight.

Geez. I am not impressed. Performance is OK, design is... Not. Performance isn't good enough to make up for design flaws (or, phlaws).

In my opinion, this trend has been occuring with PR for the last few years. What's the deal? Have they just become a middle of the pack 6-8 place corps?

I could see them as low as 10th.

Go ahead, chew me out. :-)

Let me be blunt...

I phlip the phickle phinger of phate at the OP...see what I did there?

• Like 1

Okay so I have had it with certain people as to their assessment of the corps. Just to make myself clear I am going to tell you of my involvement with PR. I was a board member for 12years and now an emeritus board member. I have been involved with PR since the cadet days. I have been a volunteer for many years on the road and been actively involved in many areas. #1. Some of you are so quick to critique the corps personnel when you do not know the whole story and make ridiculous assumptiopns. .I know how the corps works from every end and as all corps do we have are ups and downs. #2. But some of you make vicious accusations and assumptions that are hurtful to the members, volunteers, staff and PR followers. You have a right to your opinion but when it is constructive not destructive.

Three of my children also marched with the corps, just an FYI.

Please think about what yoou say as it may come back to bite you in the ??????

Just for further clarification:

Statement in bold #1: So that begs the questions: What is the whole story and which assumptions were ridiculous?

Statement in bold #2: The statements have been critical of the administration and design team. How is that directly hurtful for members, volunteers, and followers?

Just for further clarification:

Statement in bold #1: So that begs the questions: What is the whole story and which assumptions were ridiculous?

Statement in bold #2: The statements have been critical of the administration and design team. How is that directly hurtful for members, volunteers, and followers?

Hmmmm - For someone who in post #18 of this thread said:

In part, yes...but there's more to the story, and it shouldn't be discussed here.

Interesting that now you seem to defy the very statement you originally posted.

• Like 4

Hmmmm - For someone who in post #18 of this thread said:

Interesting that now you seem to defy the very statement you originally posted.

#calledout

• Like 2

There are certain people on here like Pes49 who I don't think can be considered a Phantom fan. Not sure if he's an alumni. All he does is trash phantom.

But I agree with you. This year the Phantom Regiment threads have looked like Madison Scout threads.

So since you're calling naming names, let me be perfectly clear. I used to be a huge fan and supporter. No longer. I'm not trashing the corps, I'm trashing the administration and staff. The corps and it's mess is not one that any top rated talent wants to be a part of. Just ask them.

The corps and it's mess is not one that any top rated talent wants to be a part of. Just ask them.

How much of a factor is "stability" or whatever when people decide to march somewhere? And, how do potential marching members find out about that? Word of mouth? What would a potential marcher hope to see from the admin/going-ons of a drum corps, and what is it in your opinion about phantom that is a "mess"? Just curious because I have no connection to phantom and can only go based upon what I read on here and the performances that I see.

Edited by RedJazz1900