Fan Network Live Streams of Shows ?

HI All,

Real quick question here. I have been doing the 'pay per view' (not the official name) thing to watch the DCI San Antonio regional show for many years now. I am aware that DCI has made a whole host of updates to the live streaming shows. I will be unable to watch the San Anton Reg. show live this year. Question is, can I purchase the live feed for the DCI San Anton show and watch it on Sunday (The day after the actual show) ?

thnks....

HI All,

Real quick question here. I have been doing the 'pay per view' (not the official name) thing to watch the DCI San Antonio regional show for many years now. I am aware that DCI has made a whole host of updates to the live streaming shows. I will be unable to watch the San Anton Reg. show live this year. Question is, can I purchase the live feed for the DCI San Anton show and watch it on Sunday (The day after the actual show) ?

thnks....

No.

What I hate about it is that even though I have the subscription and get to watch all the shows....supposedly....I don't, because I can't go watch the replays after the ones I attend live. I'll be in Belton and San Antonio, neither of which I'll get to go back and watch in a day or two afterward. I'll also be in Indy, but I didn't buy the package that included World Championships because I knew that would be a waste.

What I hate about it is that even though I have the subscription and get to watch all the shows....supposedly....I don't, because I can't go watch the replays after the ones I attend live. I'll be in Belton and San Antonio, neither of which I'll get to go back and watch in a day or two afterward. I'll also be in Indy, but I didn't buy the package that included World Championships because I knew that would be a waste.

It sucks...I missed Whitewater because I was attending a live show...of course I prefer live shows...but I am missing more than ever these shows this year...I would have seen everyone at least once already...this year that is not the case...

This is why I didn't buy it this year. I can rarely drop everything, take over the living room and watch a few hours of drum corps on their schedule (especially when the shows are a 2-3 hour time difference). I hate it. I usually have become very familiar with most shows by now, after watching tham all several times (live and replays). That is all gone.

I will go to the theater, and I may still buy a single DCI Live show, but otherwise this has been a pretty disappointing season for me. I really hope DCI can get this figured out in the future. This must be a revenue hit for them this year. If nothing changes, I expect the drop off will be even larger next year.

• Like 2

Question is, can I purchase the live feed for the DCI San Anton show and watch it on Sunday (the day after the actual show)?

As other have said, the answer is no. Only genuinely live streaming, without DVR capability (except during the show), is available this year. DCI takes down the stream as soon as the show itself ends (more or less: so far, reports from viewers indicate that the stream might stay up from a few minutes to an hour after the broadcast). DCI has stated that they hope to be able to offer more after the season ends, but for the moment, fans' viewing options are much diminished from earlier years. Right now you can't even buy DVDs.

The reason appears to be that a large licensing company has been interpreting the rules regarding synchronization differently than DCI was previously used to.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

. Question is, can I purchase the live feed for the DCI San Anton show and watch it on Sunday ?

Never on a Sunday ( some creative person should compose a song on this )