FanNetwork Poll

FanNetwork 2015  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Have you spent any money on FanNetwork in the past and present?

• Yes, I have in the past and Yes, I have this year
    • Yes, I have in the Past and No, I have not this year
    • No, I have not in the past and Yes, I have this year
    • No, I have not in the past and No, I have not this year

I am curious to know how y'all have managed your hard earned money as it relates to FanNetwork this year. I realize this poll may be overly simple since there are a number of other options (e.g. you paid a subscription for the whole season last year whereas this year you purchased one or two individual shows).

This is the first year in a very long time that I have not spent any money on the service.

• Like 1

Streaming seems much better for me than last year's early/mid season streams across both iPad, Older Mac Laptop, and Newer Mac Desktop. It also has the nice options of forcing a particular resolution rather than just having it 'slide to decide' what your bandwidth can handle. And even when letting it go on 'best' and slide to decide, it does so smoothly without getting stuck in a death spiral trying to switch between different resolutions. That's something that happened with me on the old FanNetwork sometimes.

Lack of a DVR or playback later option is a real downside though.

I miss the ability to watch any show in the archives - from the most recent to distant past. That was huge. I really want that back.

• Like 5

I miss the ability to watch any show in the archives - from the most recent to distant past. That was huge. I really want that back.

If they don't bring back the archives then I am done with them.

• Like 3

yes and yes...although I'm quite far from being happy this year...

edit: I really really really miss the archives as well...sometimes something sparks my interest and I usually liked to go visit the archives for that...or to introduce new people to drum corps...

Edited by Liahona

I am curious to know how y'all have managed your hard earned money as it relates to FanNetwork this year. I realize this poll may be overly simple since there are a number of other options (e.g. you paid a subscription for the whole season last year whereas this year you purchased one or two individual shows).

This is the first year in a very long time that I have not spent any money on the service.

Last year I bought the regular shows package...w/o the championship portion. This year, I've paid for the Atlanta regional show only.

Last year, I was able to watch past performances anytime I wanted. This year that's not possible. So I see no advantage to paying for a package of performances that, depending on my schedule and commitments, I very well might not be able to see.

As far as the quality of the product this year...aside from the lack of long-term replay...I don't know. I've only seen that free DCI Live feed back at the beginning of the season. It wasn't bad...but it had issues. I've heard they've improved. I'll find out when everyone gets to Atlanta.

I had no choice but to subscribe this year. I am very very VERY unhappy!

I think if they do not offer DVR next year I will just have to find other ways of watching!

Go for it bootleggers! DO IT TO IT! Bite it DCI

• Like 4