I know the judges are more qualified than I am, but I have two things.

1) Do Bluecoats not get credit for their use of electronics in MA? I can't imagine the phasing issues they have to face and they do an amazing job of it. I guess I'm just surprised they aren't doing better in that caption.

2) The Cadets have a challenging brass book, that's for sure. SO many notes. However, I feel like they're getting some credit that they shouldn't be at this point. I could see them winning high brass once they nail all of this, but I feel like they're just not as clean as most of the top brass lines, while getting credit for things that aren't as polished.

Just my $.02, I'm curious to other's opinions on these two points.

Cadets brass is playing extremely well WITH all that demand. Saw them live twice already. They are amazing.
  • Like 2

I know the judges are more qualified than I am, but I have two things.

1) Do Bluecoats not get credit for their use of electronics in MA? I can't imagine the phasing issues they have to face and they do an amazing job of it. I guess I'm just surprised they aren't doing better in that caption.

2) The Cadets have a challenging brass book, that's for sure. SO many notes. However, I feel like they're getting some credit that they shouldn't be at this point. I could see them winning high brass once they nail all of this, but I feel like they're just not as clean as most of the top brass lines, while getting credit for things that aren't as polished.

Just my $.02, I'm curious to other's opinions on these two points.

Bluecoats get credit for electronics. Why do you feel they are not?? Cadets brass is a beast. If you think that they are not then you are missing what could turn out to be the best brass in a few years.What credit are they getting that you feel they do not deserve??

• Like 1

Phantom passes Cavies by the end of the season. Book it.

I just don't see it. I think Cavies have a better show. If the guard can improve their performance I think they will start to pull farther away from Phantom.

If Cavies had the guard they had last year I think they would be very close to BK.

• Like 2

One of the biggest criteria for score growth right before finals is the humanity that resonates from the show theme.

What part of Cadets' show moves you, personally? What part of the theme of their show hits you on a gut level? What do you take away from the theme of the power of ten? What about Shostakovich's music in this interpretation moves you, personally? What part of the theme of the power of ten illuminates something about the way we live, or builds meaning around our quest to understand truth, beauty, justice, history or irony?

Surely you can't be serious....

If that's the case, then as Americans, Cadets should've been handed the championship right out of the gate last year.

• Like 1

Methinks we are being trolled.

Honestly, I think the competition for Biggest DCP Troll is as tight as the field competition this year.

One of the biggest criteria for score growth right before finals is the humanity that resonates from the show theme.

What part of Cadets' show moves you, personally? What part of the theme of their show hits you on a gut level? What do you take away from the theme of the power of ten? What about Shostakovich's music in this interpretation moves you, personally? What part of the theme of the power of ten illuminates something about the way we live, or builds meaning around our quest to understand truth, beauty, justice, history or irony?

wow.. It's a drum corps show meant to entertain. If we have to think about all that stuff who would want to go?? Truth?? beauty??Justice?? You are kidding right?? :wow:

• Like 2

It's exhilarating to watch and listen to them. They perform like super heros. The Waltz sounds and looks like an old victrolla which then becomes a fierce animal in power and movement overcome by the French horn section which is like a heavenly confident defender of tranquility and peace. The closer is again high energy and in the final moment, the super heros are running at us! Thank god for sidelines and penalties. I give this corps and this show a big 10!
  • Like 3

Look up Stacy Toal on Periscope. All her previous vids are there under recents

Why when I follow her this morning, none of her vids show up under Recent?

Their percussion isn't hurting them any more than Cadets' guard is hurting them. They're strong enough in enough captions to still be in the medal race as much as Bloo.

Maybe, but RIGHT NOW (and lately) they stand a better chance of slipping behind SCV than ahead of Bluecoats.

3 3 (3) 4 5 3 (5) 4 3 4 (3) [3] for Bluecoats

5 4 (4) 5 4 1 (4) 2 4 6 (4) [4] for Crown

4 5 (5) 3 3 5 (3) 5 5 2 (5) [5] for SCV

Crown last night beat Bloo with 3 judges (and Vis Total), but SCV beat Crown with 4 judges (and Vis Total).

Edited by chris ncsu

Agreed. The two judges had cadets and BD tied in GE in terms of comp. Cadets need to refine and clean that guard. Holding them back from dominating. They won't put BD or Coats to bed unless they do so. BD certainly strongly in it as are the Bluecoats.

?