Denton, TEXAS

OC should be used to the heat, it was over 90 for all of late June and Early July here in the Pacific NW. What's another 5 degrees. LOL

:ninja:

Unless you're on the east side of the Cascades - add about another 10 to 15 to that temp due to the humidity.. I suspect the dewpoints will be pretty high!

(update - according to Weather.com - it's 96 - "feels like" 99 - really good at the dinner hour :tounge2: )

Pat

Watching the feed, but didn't catch much of their show -- had to get some munchies.

Guardians: 54 horns, 16 battery (7/4/5), 11 pit, 22 guard (most in yellow, but two in black), for a total of 103, plus 3 drum majors. Panels, striped red and yellow, on the front sidelines and scattered near the back, perhaps suggest flames. Sound quality of the broadcast (and occasionally the visual quality, too) make it hard to assess them fairly, and I've only seen one other Open Class corps this year: Genesis about an hour ago. Guardians are well behind that level. The show is much easier, but could be an effective product if they had more time to clean than the four days between now and their final show of the season Monday night. Percussion is stronger than brass. Size does help. Score about 50 tonight?

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Troopers are a real delight this year. I even like the sung ballad. The show is very different from the Crown interpretation in 2007. More of an "on the ranch and out in the wild" kind of feel. Music selections are all effective. They are still incredibly dirty, which really leaves me feeling they can make a run at top 12.

• Like 2

Who was the corps that played "Phantom of the Opera?" Genesis? They were great. WOW, some nice marching and playing. Big corps. Nice to see an new up-and-comer. I liked their interpretation of the Phantom music.