DCI SOUTHEASTERN CHAMPIONSHIP OFFICIAL THREAD

well they have music, body, horns, drums, pit equipment, props, flags, rifles, sabres, and electronics. It's pretty much a copy :)

Don't forget: they both EXIST!

You've won an ignore from me! You constantly insult people. Good bye.

Let's just review your instigating post and judge whether or not I constantly insult people. After all, you are a preeminent judge on DCP as far as I can see by your post history.

Insulting comments:

"...the closer is pretty weak"

"A huge gold lame' banner and yet another Crown?"

"... selling a poorly constructed program with a ton of repeat and stolen ideas from years past"

Then we toss the constant Coats homerism:

"...the other top 4 programs which have many more moments IMO, especially Bluecoats"

Not only are you an expert judge but apparently you are an expert show designer:

"The show lacks a "story arc" and the closing melody (Ode to Joy) should have been the "intro" as well to provide a beginning, middle and end / a (drill) cross "melting into" hell (as it crosses a red line aka the guard) and the drill diffuses into chaos as the percussion solo begins (shortened). the entire middle of the show should be jagged drill, chaos/scattered formations and body movement.. Then have strains of ode to joy return at the shows end with a "crown" lifting out of the muck as things resolve again"

You don't want discussion. You think you're better than every designer, arranger and staff member of every corps.

• Like 1

Let's just review your instigating post and judge whether or not I constantly insult people. After all, you are a preeminent judge on DCP as far as I can see by your post history.

Insulting comments:

"... selling a poorly constructed program with a ton of repeat and stolen ideas from years past"

"...the other top 4 programs which have many more moments IMO, especially Bluecoats"

Not only are you an expert judge but apparently you are an expert show designer:

"The show lacks a "story arc" and the closing melody (Ode to Joy) should have been the "intro" as well to provide a beginning, middle and end / a (drill) cross "melting into" hell (as it crosses a red line aka the guard) and the drill diffuses into chaos as the percussion solo begins (shortened). the entire middle of the show should be jagged drill, chaos/scattered formations and body movement.. Then have strains of ode to joy return at the shows end with a "crown" lifting out of the muck as things resolve again"

You don't want discussion. You think you're better than every designer, arranger and staff member of every corps.

You don't want discussion either. You just want to bash everyone because they say things you don't like.

What similarity is there between 2014 and 2015 Coats? The uniform?

well they have music, body, horns, drums, pit equipment, props, flags, rifles, sabres, and electronics. It's pretty much a copy :)

You seriously don't see any any similarity with the two shows, particularly the abstract theme and use of a electronics? Regardless, they were/are both awesome shows and I'd love the trend to continue. This is really pushing a new direction that seems to have been figured out first by the Coats. Not trying to say anything about the Coats more so reacting to the claim that Crown some how has "repeat and stolen ideas". If anything, everyone is stealing this idea from the Coats moving forward.

Edited by caliswift

I hate that people like you make me wish that a corps would not realize their potential solely to shut up the #### talking you spew.

In defense of Cali, the GP does craft his posts with a certain arrogance clearly designed to impune the competition. He's already blaming judge bias in other threads (yet he has no problem railing at others who might mention it at other times) I have no difficulty ignoring him but I can understand why others can't. Seems he has no taste for a small side of crow (and he clearly earned a large dinner size portion in the past few days).

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

Insulting comments:

Holy #### dude. Before you say anything, let me establish that I'm a Regiment homer that is enjoying BD's show more than anyone else's this season. Now that I've established that (so you can't accuse me of being a darn Cadets or Bloo honk)....

George Dixon was giving his opinion on Crown's show. He stated what he didn't like and he gave reasons for why he didn't like it. He also stated what corps he believes should be in Crown's place (Bluecoats). I vehemently disagree with him on that particular point but everything he stated was his own opinion and was supported by his reasoning. Those are the type of posts we need on DCP. Not your trashy personal-attacking posts that you've made a trademark of on DCP. Grow up.

You seriously don't see any any similarity with the two shows, particularly the abstract theme and use of a electronics? Regardless, they were/are both awesome shows and I'd love the trend to continue. This is really pushing a new direction that seems to have been figured out first by the Coats. Not trying to say anything about the Coats more so reacting to the claim that Crown some how has "repeat and stolen ideas". If anything, everyone is stealing this idea from the Coats moving forward.

Art inspires art.
  • Like 1

You don't want discussion either. You just want to bash everyone because they say things you don't like.

I agree with you here but George Dixon and Cappybara just constantly berate crowns show with negative comments. We get it. They don't like the show. They don't have to keep shoving it down our throats.

Edited by JoshClements403