DCI SOUTHEASTERN CHAMPIONSHIP OFFICIAL THREAD

While there's a break in the action . . . . .

Can someone explain the trademark situation with the term SoundSport? Quick google search shows DCI registering that in Feb/2013. Later, Bose registered the same term in Nov/2014. BOTH organizations use the small trademark bug in their graphics.

How does this work? Is there another licensing issue ahead?

Sorry, if this was explained on DCP before, I must have missed it then.

I would recommend starting a new thread about this. Not saying it's a bad idea to argue about it, it's just that this thread isn't the best place to do that! :wink:
  • Like 1

They need to take lessons from the nazi ushers in Indy.

"You vill not leave your seat until I say you can " lmao

• Like 1

They need to take lessons from the nazi ushers in Indy.

They are freakin' ridiculous. At semis in 2013 Cavaliers were first after the break. One of those idiots wouldn't let me in to go to my seat once the corps started to enter the field. They were still setting up, hadn't even been introduced yet but she wouldn't budge. I was livid.

• Like 2

Looking forward to Troopers tonight. Best of luck.

I would recommend starting a new thread about this. Not saying it's a bad idea to argue about it, it's just that this thread isn't the best place to do that! :wink:

Thought about that, but with a break in the show, and with 312 participant here, I thought someone might provide a quick answer. Either way, I'll find out. :smile:

"You vill not leave your seat until I say you can " lmao

Definitely this.

They are freakin' ridiculous. At semis in 2013 Cavaliers were first after the break. One of those idiots wouldn't let me in to go to my seat once the corps started to enter the field. They were still setting up, hadn't even been introduced yet but she wouldn't budge. I was livid.

And this. Had similar experience in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.

Definitely this.

And this. Had similar experience in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.

They are intense on letting people in, but not at all on checking your ticket. Noticed some people who "dropped their ticket in the tunnel" sit by the 50's. Funny coincidence.

While there's a break in the action . . . . .

Can someone explain the trademark situation with the term SoundSport? Quick google search shows DCI registering that in Feb/2013. Later, Bose registered the same term in Nov/2014. BOTH organizations use the small trademark bug in their graphics.

How does this work? Is there another licensing issue ahead?

Sorry, if this was explained on DCP before, I must have missed it then.

Quick answer - there is a difference between licensing something for a "for profit" and "non-profit" company. You can have multiple trademarks if they are in different sectors. "Music in Motion" is another great example.

Quick answer - there is a difference between licensing something for a "for profit" and "non-profit" company. You can have multiple trademarks if they are in different sectors. "Music in Motion" is another great example.

Kind of like the DCI and the NBA Cavaliers?