Darn Good Drum Corps in Dublin - official thread

Do you mean .5pts?

Maybe he means 50 basis points. Half of a full point. A .25 is 25 basis points. 3/4 of a point is 75 basis points, or "beeps". 100 beeps is 1.00 points. 1.25 point spread could be 125 basis points. 5 points is easy to say but could be 500bp. BD was down by 20bp yesterday but gained 80bps to beat Cadets by 60bps. The gap between SCV and BK is 190bps (or 1.9 points).

I usually use beeps for numbers less than 1.00, but frequently say 125bp to mean a buck and a quarter, or 125%, or 1.25 points.

Boy, how I wish drum corps spoke the language of the interest rate markets.

Edited by garfield

GArf:

Hope the show was a success all around for ya.

Yea, I'm gonna start a thread...

or two...

I will say, our Kona Ice truck ran out of ice, twice. Almost all the food trucks were, literally, empty by the time the stands cleared. There was nothing left.

Edited by garfield

By the way, if you're at the show tonight, I'm sitting in section B, row J, seat 18, near the aisle.

Darn. I thought I read early in the thread that you'd be in the top row, so I kept scanning the back for someone with a laptop. We live half an hour apart, we attend many of the same shows, but it seems like we'll never meet!

Edited by N.E. Brigand

As always the Dublin show was very well organized. The food truck idea is fantastic.

My only complaint was with having only an electronic program. I'm sure it saved some $, but I missed the printed version.

I'll add a second complaint...that stadium needs hand rails in the aisle. Something they (the administration/AD) have known for years, but haven't figured out how to do it.

One suggestion...have a 2-3 tables under the stands just for selling COLD bottled water...or even better, have some band kids selling them in the stands. (Although the narrow aisles probably won't allow that.)

I'm guessing you made some pretty good $$$ tonight...which is great.

• Like 1