Tour of Champions Chester- Official Thread 7/30

Phantom Regiment:

This show is exceedingly mediocre. There isn't that much that it does wrong (though I could do without most of the voice overs), but there isn't much that it does right, either. While I'm not quite on Brutus levels of thematic focus when it comes to design, I do like to have some cohesive thread leading me through the show. City of Light doesn't really have any such thread; the voice overs would say something like "Taxi!", but I would not have any kind of indication, visually or musically, that've were even in a city. Contrast, for example, with 2005 Cavaliers, who conveyed Chicago rather effectively.

The brass was noticeably a step down from Crown and SCV; section features aren't quite as tight, ensemble moments weren't quite as large. The very last chord caught me by surprise, because the synth adds some volume to the corps, which I hadn't been expecting all show.

The percussion is not very good. Many times of noticeable dirt; for example, the opener battery feature, and the snare brush writing.

Musically, I enjoy a lot of the arrangements, though sometimes I want more from the ensemble. Visually, the design mostly reflects the music, but not necessarily the City of Light theme.

The organ needs to be mixed down at the end. I understand what they're going for, but it's too much.

Pretty accurate assessment of PR. They are unfortunately trying to use a buick to beat Indycars.

• Like 2

#### it hurts to hear all this stuff about PR, because I know it to be true.

they've got to be my favorite program if I had to choose

Edited by KPinCAL
  • Like 1

Talked to guy in Cavie's booth during INT. He said health still not great and will be several holes.

Got the feeling that many are marching in not the best shape.

Edited by cf144
  • Like 1

Talked to guy in Cavie's booth during INT. He said health still not great and will be several holes

That's sad :unhappy::unhappy:

#### it hurts to hear all this stuff about PR, because I know it to be true.

they've got to be my favorite program if I had to choose

Especially when I hear that opening first couple minutes of Vanguard's show and keep thinking it's Regiment...
  • Like 3

Talked to guy in Cavie's booth during INT. He said health still not great and will be several holes.

That's no good. March even more holes if you need to, but let these kids rest so they have a better shot at recovering in time for Indy.

Man this is terrible. I can't imagine how they must be feeling emotionally at this point in the season. I hope they all get better soon.

• Like 1

Man this is terrible. I can't imagine how they must be feeling emotionally at this point in the season. I hope they all get better soon.

I know corps have been hit by the plaque before, but I can't remember it being this late in the season or quite this hard.

• Like 1

What a great night for the toc,

Crown gets it going,

A nice energetic pace by svc,

Phaaaantom regimeeent a bit down the last couple years ,

The show definitely doesn't make me feel like shopping,

And for some reason Devils 94 my Spanish heart pops in my mind when I watch this show.

Not a good thing.

just move a little phantom.

Sorry