Cadets, Back to Maroon and gold please?

I advise you to not, you will be filled with a dread that hell itself cannot give.

People be nasty A**hats.

Too late. I just read the first page and I'm close to clawing my eyes out.

• Like 1

Too late. I just read the first page and I'm close to clawing my eyes out.

I can find you some fake ones. Maybe google eyes!

• Like 2

Well, yeah, duh. THAT WAS THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE EXERCISE! :wall::laugh:

The comment was "uniforms don't matter" to which I say, "yes they do." If uniforms don't matter, then it begs the question, "why have uniforms at all?" And the corollary, "some uniforms are more visible than others and therefore adds to the GE more than than others.

Yeah, I think so too. :cool:

The uniforms in 2011 were integral to the show, not merely accessorizing it.

You're choosing a very unique year as the standard-bearer for your "exercise". Phantom won in black. Phantom won in white. Blue Devils have won in various iterations of their uniform. Crown most likely could've chosen yellow as their highlight in 2013 instead of orange and still won.

Yes, uniforms CAN matter. No one is arguing that the 2011 Cadets owe in part some of that championship GE to the two unis.

But it doesn't mean that uniforms ALWAYS matter.

Up until seeing the Cadets last night under the lights in Massillon, I would have thought the all black was a mistake. Not any more. The new unis were stunning under the lights. The neon of the guard really props really popped. The added contrast minimized any lose of sharp leg and feet movement that are classic Cadets.

George, you were right on this one. The corps was outstanding and looked terrific.

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 3

You posted this #####y and backhanded thread literally less than 24 hours ago.

I don't think it's been a whole 24 hours! GH has released several pics on FB so I see some details I didn't see on periscope. They really look edgy and sharp! Edited by Tobias

It's a FINE uniform. To redress a frontrunner at such late date is gutsy, even shocking. But, really, the corps performance level was already SO high, and everyone knows that before they take a step in Indy. I won't be attributing a win or a loss on just the uniform switch. Besides, they 'got the whole town talk'n!' That's what Cadets always seem to do.

• Like 1

If I had one suggestion, it would be for the Cadets to use a silver cummerbund around the waist. That one I think will significantly improve the look of the corps.

But otherwise, I really dig the stealth bomber look.

Maybe I should go check out this thread...

Here's the short version:

Woe to PR! Oh, wait, they're ok.

• Like 1