Judging Panels for Finals.

Okay. I need to see some evidence of these supposed judging conspiracies.

I really don't think you are ever going to see some evidence of a judging conspiracy.

Principally because there is no judging conspiracy, imo. I think the charge that there is a judging conspiracy is silly. This season alone we have seen judges completely disagreeing with one another, sometimes even within their own subcaptions. One judge has a Corps in 5th, another in 11th... in the same caption, utilizing the same judging criteria, and under the same competitive performance, mix of Corps too. A conspiracy means a multiple coordination devious plot, across multiple channels by at least 2 people. There is no such thing in DCI. . Judges probably can't even agree on how they want their coffee served ( cream, no cream, sugar, no sugar, etc ) None of them are colluding on anything. Those that think they do, are probably stupid, or excuse makers for their fav Corps, or paranoid. ( or maybe all three, who knows. )

Edited by BRASSO

I really don't think you are ever going to see some evidence of a judging conspiracy.

Principally because there is no judging conspiracy, imo. I think the charge that there is a judging conspiracy is silly. This season alone we have seen judges completely disagreeing with one another, sometimes even within their own subcaptions. One judge has a Corps in 5th, another in 11th... in the same caption, utilizing the same judging criteria, and under the same competitive performance, mix of Corps too. A conspiracy means an organized effort, multiple coordination, scross multiple channels. There is no such thing. I don't see any organized effort. Judges probably can't even agree on how they want their coffee served ( cream, no cream, sugar, no sugar, etc )

I agree, but some imply there is, to the point that the performance on the field has virtually no bearing on the outcome. Of course judges have their own preferences and opinions, they're being paid to give them. Your definition of a conspiracy is spot on and using that criteria there's almost no chance you could find that digging through sheets. Still, some people believe it's out there. Edited by mboogey73

I'm not so sure about conspiracies but I bet some judges prefer things that others don't. You got to know some look for certain things and others look for other things. There is no way you can't put at least some personality in your adjudication.

As far as I can tell, no one has used the word "conspiracy" until you did. Subjectivity is not a conspiracy.

• Like 1

I agree, but some imply there is, .

Sure. People say all kinds of crackpot things regarding an alleged " conspiracy. This phenomenon is not confined to the Drum Corps activity, you know. My guess, you've heard plenty of doozies outside the Drum Corps realm over your years.

Judge list is with the corps. Semis looks... interesting... for a few groups. I dig the prelims and finals panels.

Hmmm... I wonder if you're referring to any 9th-15th place corps. I honestly couldn't care less about those higher or lower than them, in terms of Semis.

Sure. People say all kinds of crackpot things regarding an alleged " conspiracy. This phenomenon is not confined to the Drum Corps activity, you know. My guess, you've heard plenty of doozies outside the Drum Corps realm over your years.

Yup. Pretty much daily it seems.

• Like 1

As far as I can tell, no one has used the word "conspiracy" until you did. Subjectivity is not a conspiracy.

I've used the word conspiracy in this topic in almost all of my posts. Why? Because whenever some accuses a judge of having a bias towards or against a corps, they are trying to start a conspiracy.

Sounds like a great idea to me.

But this out of the question from DCI's standpoint. DCI has halfazz size panels in June, July at many shows ( no Brass judge... or no Percussion judge.... or no Guard judge). If DCI can't find a way to have these performers receive full panels for half the competitive season, then its a non starter that DCI would give " 4 judges on every subcaption " at Finals any possible consideration. That said, I like your thinking outside the box on this, and on the surface it sounds like a great idea to me.

Agreed. At the Olympics for judged events they always have judges from a wide variety of countries so as to eliminate any biases.

says the guy with cushy gig!

if you knew the work done before we ever get to the show....