Official DCI Prelims Thread 2015

So BD's penalty was due to a warmup infraction. I'm sure people will chime in on the details as they become available.

My question is who are the people assessing that? Aren't all of the judges occupied during the performances and actually judging the performances? Who is left to catch these sorts of things?

Chief Judge.... and no it wasn't Tony DeCarlo as Chief Judge tonite.

• Like 1

Just saw on FB:

The drum line used a dr. beat during the warm up. Apparently it's a DCI rule. Scott didn't know

Ouch, yeah. That's one of the main reasons Bloo is doing the drumset thing at warmups this year.

In any event, I'm sure it was past that girl's bedtime. And in Indianapolis, tonight is a school night.

...a schoolnight? in August? Is "Inferno" about her school?

What does a corps have to do to get a "warm-up infraction"? Sorry if it has already been answered, I scrolled through the last 10 pages and didn't see anything.

I don't know all the criteria, but I know if the sound of the warm up is heard in the stadium, that is an infraction.

Was waiting for this post.

Right?! The "Pro-BD panel" post and Trump getting called a Democrat at least once were all I logged onto the Internet for tonight. Work here's done, goodnight everyone!

• Like 3

Are you kidding me that a metronome is illegal?

yep, new rule this year. Too many complaints about other corps' Dr. Beat interfering with warmups.

Edited by packetslave

Just saw on FB:

The drum line used a dr. beat during the warm up. Apparently it's a DCI rule. Scott didn't know

This is confusing. Either, how did you not get a penalty all year long? Or, why would you use something you've never used all year for the last three shows? Or, how are you in an elite class, like BD, and not know that rule? Side note: Anyone found a link where these rules are located? Very curious IF this infraction is true.

Right?! The "Pro-BD panel" post and Trump getting called a Democrat at least once were all I logged onto the Internet for tonight. Work here's done, goodnight everyone!

lol. maybe they will get a .5 BONUS instead of penalty. chief judge just says "What the hell.. I like these guys ! "

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 3