Official DCI Prelims Thread 2015

BD recaps all over the map. Initial shock of 4th place has worn off. Devils still within striking distance. Don't size up those gold medals for Crown just yet.

Which means the other two are as well. .4 isn't exactly a nebula apart from BD with two shows to go (if you don't count the penalty).

Man what I wouldn't give to hear BD's Music Analysis & GE tapes

Music Analysis

BD is closer to BK than they are to Crown. o_o

I predict (which I never do): SCV will take the Sanford; Cadets will take the Ott (this pains me); BD will take viz; and CC will take Guard (more pain...but a hell of an acheivement) and GE....book it! Who wins? How the hell do I know? :unsure:

Edited by Plan9
  • Like 3

Show Design is so important, imo ..

All 4 Corps had adults make changes in their closers 10 days ago or so.. Crown right before the changes was 3rd, 4th, but their Closer was head and shoulders above the other 3 ,imo.

Crown's Closer change was brilliant. It ties everything together now, including the musical " Ode to Joy ". The change from somberness, fatalism, ( black, red ) give way to redemption, of promise ( change to color gold... bright color ), and ends the show triumphantly.

Crown is now separating themselves from the others. If Crown wins tomorrow in the Semi's, Crown gets the Crown for 2015, imo.

• Like 5

Is Boerma back writing Madison's Horn book this year?

BD in 4th at prelims? When was the last time that happened? (and yes, I realize that they would have been in 2nd without a penalty).

Mark my words... With a pro-BD panel at semis tomorrow, BD will make up significant ground. Heck, they may even win.