OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

You may not have the ability to distinguish certain shades of color. Not everyone can. Or your computer/device may not have the best color output settings. That 50 looks gold to me.

Take this quiz :tounge2:http://www.buzzfeed.com/javiermoreno/how-well-do-you-actually-see-colors#.ac1JLWOpw

The gold does appear to be worn down. Good. Anything which makes the NFL look even worse is all right in my book.

Regardless of who wins tonight, best of luck to all. You have worked your tails off all season just to get to today. Enjoy every second of performing your shows for the final time. It's been a truly incredible season from the start, and it's unfortunate that it has to end tonight. It just goes by too fast... :sad:

Sorry if I made anyone cry.

Haha! There's a softball if I ever saw one. :lle: I'll take the bait:

+++

"There's no crying in drum corps." :drool:

Is this a current picture? or a file shot from last year ?

I took that photo from the press box at about 3:30PM today.

Going to repost this here from the prediction topic.

I'm sticking by my previous prediction (from earlier this week) of:

1- The corps who wins semis will not win finals

2- no corps will break 98

At least one if these will probably be correct (if not both?)

This is who will win DCI finals.

There are some who say that who will win depends on the judging panel at finals and has little to do with each corps performances that night. Let’s take a look at this angle. This is a complicated situation. There is one equation (DCI winner) with 10 unknowns (judges). The number of combinations is at least in the millions. It’s really less than that because every sub caption will be in the high 90s out of 100. Let’s narrow it down even more to the 2 captions with large recent spreads, GE Music and Music Analysis, and the one important wild card in the recent past, Percussion.

Percussion. The drum judges for finals are the same as for Atlanta, Prosperie and Rothe. Prosperie had BD over Crowne by .9 and Rothe had BD over Crowne by .4 .

At semi's, Kristensen had BD over Crown by .5 and Dunn had BD over Crown by .5 . If the overall drum spread goes from .5 in semi's to .65 (like it was in atlanta), the .15 increase means BD TIES overall, compared with the .15 overall win by Crown in semi's. Don't forget, Caleb Rothe runs the So. Cal indoor drumline circuit. At least 5 or more of BD's current drumline marched in that circuit last winter. Could that have an influence? Maybe, maybe not.

For Visual Analysis, the last time Tim Ochran judged both was Buffalo, he had BD up by .6 , the same spread as Torchia in semi's. So that looks like a wash. So, along with the drum judge changes, it's still a tie.

The other biggest spread was GE music. Nola Jones had Crown up by .6 . All the other GE judges had a .1 or .2 spread. Last time i find Ken Turner judging GE Music for both is San Antonio. He had BD over Crown by .1 , so if Turner takes Nola Jones' spot, BD goes from losing that GE music spot by .6 to winning by .1 ,then BD WINS OVERALL BY ABOUT .7

So based on this, the finals panel does favor BD. If this is true, I will win the lottery next week and move to the French Riviera the week after that.

By the way, this is who i think will win. It’s not necessarily who i want to win. And there are still 2 other corps in this mix. If George goes back to the old uniforms for finals, this could be a totally different story.

couple of things here

1. you have to halve the percussion score on the overall score impact - so the .15 change you are discussing only shifts the total score by 0.075

2. those were score gaps (in percussion) from 3 weeks ago - assuming they will translate to tonight is a stretch

3. the GE judges have more of an impact - yes, all 4 of them. Ken Turner vs. Nola is a possible plus for BD

4. cadets will be in black tonight - so that's not a factor

I'd give BD a 30% chance of overtaking Crown, I'd give Cadets a 10% chance, and I'd give Bluecoats a 5% chance. That leaves crown with a 55% chance of winning, which frankly I'd round up to 60% with the crowd in their back pocket. That has an effect on the judges as well, as it should.

• Like 1

Sorry if I'm getting a little post happy here... If BD and Crown tie for 1st tonight, does that mean the winning show is entitled "Inkferno"?

Ferninko.

Edited by wvu80

Sorry if I'm getting a little post happy here... If BD and Crown tie for 1st tonight, does that mean the winning show is entitled "Inkferno"?

Infinko.

• Like 1

Quick poll: is everyone doing multi or high cam tonight?

"Full screen/ultra high def" -- Live. :-)

Not surprisingly, there are some that think tonights panel is pro-Crown/Cadets, and others think it favors BD.

there's a GE judge that has favored BD - the others are more Crown/Cadets

so I've been calling it "balanced" as far as the top groups are concerned - but it's not (historically speaking) as favorable a panel for BD as semis

the only change I predict is Cadets will medal. A couple judges last night really tanked Cadets. I'd give that a 60-70% chance of happening

I wouldn't be shocked if BD wins - Crown's percussion spread is an issue. So if BD can take guard and spread drums - BD can overtake them

heck it's not "outside the #'s" that Coats jump all the way up and win - things are so scrambled it is possible.

• Like 1