OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

It's gettin 'bout that time !

Roll Tide !

I'm more of a Sooner. :silly::silly:

• Like 1

I have a quick Question: is the time in EST?

• Like 1

Yes, Indy is EST (technically EDT)

Thanks!

I have a question. For those who follow the judging panels, who do you all think the panel favors tonight?

Just curious, not trying to start another pissing contest. LOL

I have a question. For those who follow the judging panels, who do you all think the panel favors tonight?

Just curious, not trying to start another pissing contest. LOL

It's OK to think a panel's make-up can be favorable to one corps over another. This year, we'll hear this discussed plenty. Let's assume for the last four corps, the panel mindset is that any caption spread greater than .3, within that group, will be seen as outlandish and controversial. If so, I would expect more than the usual number of scoring ties, AND a corps with a sometimes lower scoring corps in a caption getting a big boost. Some might say, in example, Cadets for guard, or Crown for drums.

With the situation we have at the top, I will be surprised if any corps breaks much away from another in any caption. But, it sure won't take much to jump from 4th to 1st !

Edited by Fred Windish

It's OK to think a panel's make-up can be favorable to one corps over another. This year, we'll hear this discussed plenty. Let's assume for the last four corps, the panel mindset is that any caption spread greater than .3, within that group, will be seen as outlandish and controversial. If so, I would expect more than the usual number of scoring ties, AND a corps with a sometimes lower scoring corps in a caption getting a big boost. Some might say, in example, Cadets for guard, or Crown for drums.

With the situation we have at the top, I will be surprised if any corps breaks much away from another in any caption. But, it sure won't take much to jump from 4th to 1st !

It drives me nuts when judges have subcaption ties.

• Like 1