OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

VERY much my fear, and I'm rather nervous about it.

It'll happen just because of how close everyone is. Whoever doesn't win the performance captions, their fans will be in here screaming at the judges. Things will really go downhill quick if one judge has a huge disparity from what other judges score. Again that may happen too but this is DCP, we already tonight or maybe tomorrow will start going downhill quick.

• Like 1

It's gettin 'bout that time !

Roll Tide !

Let's go Mountaineers! Hail to Pitt! (ok, odd combination. I'm a professor at one and alum of the other lol)

Ok, college football allegiances taken care of, moving on....

• Like 1

How many times did a single teacher ruin your report card? Do you expect six different high school teachers to give you a Felliniesque report card even though you failed one of their final exams? Drum corps judges act as independently of each other as teachers administering grades for their subject.

That's the way it should be ! I learned that in 10th grade......BOY, those were two tough years !

Joe,

I actually got the only F in my life as a Liberty High School senior member of the Guard for missing a June performance to march a show with the Reading Buccaneers! Went on to become a classroom teacher and have now spent 50 years in drum corps. Screw him!

• Like 1

Good luck to all performers! It has truly been a fantastic season with awesome talent! I look forward to all performances tonight!

• Like 1

Any consistent patterns among any of these judges as regards tonight's competitors?

For instance, at Massillon on Aug. 3, judging GE2 as he is tonight, Ken Turner had Carolina Crown 0.2 over Bluecoats and Bluecoats 0.1 over Cadets.

At San Antonio on July 18, also on GE2, he had Cadets 0.3 over Bluecoats, Bluecoats 0.1 over Blue Devils, and BD 0.4 over Crown.

So no pattern there, apparently, just show of the night.

This is a favorable panel for cadets and Crown. If those two perform well we have a good shot of Crown winning and Cadets moving back into medals. Of course the corps have go go out and perform. With a stellar performance from BD there is an outside shot of them overtaking Crown. I'd also give either Bluecoats or cadets outside shots at overtaking both corps to win, a stretch but in a year with great balance things can change nightly. I'm glad the panel is balanced nicely for finals.

It's been an incredible season from the get go. I've been around the activity since the 70s and I believe this is the finest group of corps ever. Kudos to all. Crown made very wise changes to their program to add dynamic, tempo and drama. BD has a very moving show on the field with a stellar sound and stellar movement. Coats have carved out an incredible niche while successfully flowing up on tilt, not easy. This is the best Coats corps ever. Cadets could win music, drums and brass tonight. Wow. SCV is fresh and totally back. Watch out for them next season. Down the ranks but no less in our hearts, corps like Crossmen, Troopers, Academy etc are just fantastic. Great to see cascades so strong. And the show attendance! Too much good news to mention.

Frankly, whoever wins tonight we all win. That said I'm pulling for a Bluecoats miracle!!!

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 3

Based on the names I recognize, I'd be really surprised if anyone on the panel pulls what happened last night and dumps someone in the top four by 1.7.

Correct. This group isn't known for dramatics.