Carolina Crown 2016

Troopers may have a few left over from last season that you might be able to get at a discount.

Will have to check with Tony D to see what the rule book penalties are for this season regarding not including one or two MMs for the clean-up here. May give a new meaning to judge blockers.

I had Triple Crown in mind.

Front Ensemble live on FB playing Roxanne! So cool!

I'm really concerned about Crown's scores lately, as they have been all over the place (up, down and downside up) and they have yet to break into the 80's club along with Bloo and BD. With that said, does anyone know their schedule Tues-Fri, as I'm hoping the staff make some needed musical/visual changes with the aim of garnering a win come Saturday. I know many don't believe their show is strong enough to beat Bloo or BD, but I beg to differ.

I may be alone in my conclusion but I think after watching Bloo and BD's shows multiple times from Saturday that Crown's show is just as strong, but will need tweaking in order to be more competitive.

I believe a rewrite on the ballad (the current version doesn't draw the emotion out that it should/could), adding in more GE (visuals/body movement), and an over the top closer will do it.

-Thoughts?

I really think they will be a lot closer to Bluecoats than anyone thinks they will be this weekend.

I think a big thing is they are on a huge competitve island lately, no one that's close to them is competing with them so the judges aren't going to throw out too big of numbers.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

I really think they will be a lot closer to Bluecoats than anyone thinks they will be this weekend.

I think a big thing is they are on a huge competitve island lately, no one that's close to them is competing with them so the judges aren't going to throw out too big of numbers.

My EXACT thoughts. I think they definitely have the potential to win this weekend! Many people don't because they're comparing scores from different shows, but if ya look at Crowns recent show lineups, they really don't have anybody pushing the scores up, so they're staying flat in the scores. This weekend will be a MAJOR show for Carolina Crown, the Bluecoats, and The Cadets. And I LOVE that I'm going to be part of that! :D

• Like 3

Agree. I wouldn't put too much weight on the odd drops in score. IMHO They are not reflective of the actual performances.