Carolina Crown 2016

uh oh...

here go the pro Bloo folks picking apart Crown and the pro Crown honks picking apart Bloo

and of course everyone is picking apart BD and the Cadets, but that's just par for the course... :)

uh oh...

here go the pro Bloo folks picking apart Crown and the pro Crown honks picking apart Bloo

and of course everyone is picking apart BD and the Cadets, but that's just par for the course... :)

I'm not picking apart Crown, people were wondering why Crown lost guard to Bluecoats last night, I brought up something that had been mentioned before as a point of discussion.

If the staging of the guard for a mere minute or so of the show is all I can talk about, they're in a pretty #### good place. Lol.

Crown is right up there with Bluecoats in enjoyment for me.

uh oh...

please quote the messages where this is going on? because im not seeing it.

i see a couple of people having a friendly discussion.

could you possibly be.....

oIo7m6A.jpg

• Like 2

I'm not picking apart Crown, people were wondering why Crown lost guard to Bluecoats last night, I brought up something that had been mentioned before as a point of discussion.

If the staging of the guard for a mere minute or so of the show is all I can talk about, they're in a pretty #### good place. Lol.

Crown is right up there with Bluecoats in enjoyment for me.

I actually posted in the wrong thread. Oops. And I was joking hence the lol and smiley face. Sorry for the confusion!

And i agree, both shows are quite enjoyable!

To be honest, I can't figure out how Crown would be 3rd in guard right now. I don't think staging is a problem at all. You clearly focus where you need to - the story is told through the guard - and the through line is evident (although I'm sure they'll add more) I have more of a problem with BD when it comes to guard I don't think their program is as strong as previous years (I felt the same last year too) - and although they are staged extremely well - they have some major transitional issues (which they have every year, but get away with).

I would love to pick the guard judges brain and help me understand. I've been marching / teaching guard for over 30 years - and I can't see what they see.

For me it comes down to - could Crown spin BD's show - yep - but could BD spin Crown's show - not so sure.

Later,

Mike

Edited by Guardguy89
  • Like 2

I honestly have no complaints about this show after finally seeing it. Basically as good as it gets! What more cold you want, other than a crown set at the end? :babies:

Didn't the guard win in Alexandria? One judge puts them in 3rd against two other stellar guards (one of which Crown beat the night before) and we start over-analyzing why this could possibly happen?

Come on guys lol

To be honest, I can't figure out how Crown would be 3rd in guard right now. I don't think staging is a problem at all. You clearly focus where you need to - the story is told through the guard - and the through line is evident (although I'm sure they'll add more) I have more of a problem with BD when it comes to guard I don't think their program is as strong as previous years (I felt the same last year too) - and although they are staged extremely well - they have some major transitional issues (which they have every year, but get away with)

I would love to pick the guard judges brain and help me understand. I've been marching / teaching guard for over 30 years - and I can't see what they see.

For me it comes down to - could Crown spin BD's show - yep - but could BD spin Crown's show - not so sure.

Later,

Mike

Crown would lose guard inexplicably last year once in a while as well. But it was always the same judges. It's all certain judges preference. George Oliviero has a history with scott and will most everytime have blue devils up. To my knowledge crown hasn't lost the guard caption to anyone this season until last night. Some judges may see crown way above Bluecoats and some may see it the other way around, its all subjective. Who wins the Zingali award comes down to who is judging the finals week. I thought crown would win guard last year till I saw that George and Marie were judging two of the 3 night. I knew then at that moment, that the blue devils would win guard. That doesn't take away from the outstanding season that crowns guard had. They were easily the closest anyone has come to touching this caption in almost a decade now aside from the Devils. So in my mind they won last year just like they won most encounters with the Devils in that caption. But just because George O says so, doesn't make it so.

Crowns guard has been tops for a while now. And I'm sure there will be many shows where judges will have them 1st above the bloue teams. So i wouldn't get my knickers in a knot over it. It's one judge at one show. If all judges begin to agree on this outcome then I will start to ponder reasons why. As for now. This is the best crown guard I've ever seen this time of the year. Period. They look like they are in a different league of professionalism.

• Like 2

Crown would lose guard inexplicably last year once in a while as well. But it was always the same judges. It's all certain judges preference. George Oliviero has a history with scott and will most everytime have blue devils up. To my knowledge crown hasn't lost the guard caption to anyone this season until last night. Some judges may see crown way above Bluecoats and some may see it the other way around, its all subjective. Who wins the Zingali award comes down to who is judging the finals week. I thought crown would win guard last year till I saw that George and Marie were judging two of the 3 night. I knew then at that moment, that the blue devils would win guard. That doesn't take away from the outstanding season that crowns guard had. They were easily the closest anyone has come to touching this caption in almost a decade now aside from the Devils. So in my mind they won last year just like they won most encounters with the Devils in that caption. But just because George O says so, doesn't make it so.

Crowns guard has been tops for a while now. And I'm sure there will be many shows where judges will have them 1st above the bloue teams. So i wouldn't get my knickers in a knot over it. It's one judge at one show. If all judges begin to agree on this outcome then I will start to ponder reasons why. As for now. This is the best crown guard I've ever seen this time of the year. Period. They look like they are in a different league of professionalism.

Edited by Chief Guns