Carolina Crown 2016

Wow. No wonder people leave this site. I wasn't trolling anyone. Simply referencing all the recaps I have seen where Bluecoats guard best Crown (eg DeKalk where Bloo scored a 16.8 and Crown 16.6). Then I tried to articulate my thoughts as objectively as possible. Then get crucified for having an opinion.

Don't sweat it, any post that doesn't suggest Crown is the holy grail is going to get crucified on here. It is what it is

Wow. No wonder people leave this site. I wasn't trolling anyone. Simply referencing all the recaps I have seen where Bluecoats guard beat Crown (eg DeKalk where Bloo scored a 16.8 and Crown 16.6). Then I tried to articulate my thoughts as objectively as possible. Then get crucified for having an opinion.

Well, when you're thoughts are wrong (I.E. Bloo has beaten Crown Guard at EVERY show), then #### straight it's going to get crucified. What else did you think was going to happen? If you say something that is definitely wrong about a corps in its thread, you're definitely going to get crucified. Just FYI. It's not just Crowns thread. It's any thread.

Well, when you're thoughts are wrong (I.E. Bloo has beaten Crown Guard at EVERY show), then #### straight it's going to get crucified. What else did you think was going to happen? If you say something that is definitely wrong about a corps in its thread, you're definitely going to get crucified. Just FYI. It's not just Crowns thread. It's any thread.

Are you a school teacher or something? Consider me thoroughly reprimanded.

• Like 1

So essentially... be sure to check all your facts before posting in the Crown thread or risk being called King Hater of House Troll, First of Your Name, Protector of the Homers and the First Honks if you're wrong.

• Like 2

For reference. Here is my objective explanation as to why I believe Bluecoats guard is competitive with Crown and BD. Seems to have got lost with all the beating I have taken!

OK here goes.......

I have seen the recaps and Bloo has beaten Crown's guard on a number of occasions (e.g DeKalb) and BD is undefeated in guard so far (hmmmm????). I honestly have no bias besides being a guard person (I teach a top 10 IW finalist WGI guard) and enjoying great colour guard. There is no doubt Crown should have won guard last year (IMHO) and their technical prowess and cleanliness is to be admired.

I feel this year Bluecoat's guard is outstanding and under rated by some. I find their staging interesting and integral to the show. I think their writing is really creative. For example, watch their flag feature around 4.30 mark - some of the toughest and most creative writing on the field this year. I think they explore a good range and variety of ideas and effects and not just big tosses at big resolutions. At no point in their show do they look tagged on and there is almost a seamless connection between brass/drums and guard - partly achieved through costuming and partly to do with how the show is constructed.

I believe Crown's and Bloo's guard will be trading places all season and there will be tenths separating them at finals. Bloo's guard won't be the reason they don't win finals (if they don't!)

I hope that explains my position a little :-)

Soooooooooooooooo......how 'bout that close up of the two guard member's "intimate" scene last night on DCI Live???? That was sure PG-13.

• Like 1

Soooooooooooooooo......how 'bout that close up of the two guard member's "intimate" scene last night on DCI Live???? That was sure PG-13.

Eh it was basically the equivalent of BD's "When a Man Loves a Woman." I doubt it's going to be an issue. I'm sure Crown would change it if they got enough complaints

Eh it was basically the equivalent of BD's "When a Man Loves a Woman." I doubt it's going to be an issue. I'm sure Crown would change it if they got enough complaints

Haha, didn't bother me. Keep bringing it on. Just want to through it out there in the middle of the quarrel. :silly:

Can we all agree that the top three are absolutely amazing, stunning in design and execution?

Geez.. breathe folks.

Good. I feel better. Hope you do too...

Edited by Tone Quality Matters
  • Like 1

So essentially... be sure to check all your facts before posting in the Crown thread or risk being called King Hater of House Troll, First of Your Name, Protector of the Homers and the First Honks if you're wrong.

I'm pretty sure if somebody went on the Cadets thread and said "LOL, your guard has lost every show!" there would be at least as many maroon panties in a bunch.