Carolina Crown 2016

Walmart Show tomorrow!

I'll be there...right on the 50

Crown would lose guard inexplicably last year once in a while as well. But it was always the same judges. It's all certain judges preference. George Oliviero has a history with scott and will most everytime have blue devils up. To my knowledge crown hasn't lost the guard caption to anyone this season until last night. Some judges may see crown way above Bluecoats and some may see it the other way around, its all subjective. Who wins the Zingali award comes down to who is judging the finals week. I thought crown would win guard last year till I saw that George and Marie were judging two of the 3 night. I knew then at that moment, that the blue devils would win guard. That doesn't take away from the outstanding season that crowns guard had. They were easily the closest anyone has come to touching this caption in almost a decade now aside from the Devils. So in my mind they won last year just like they won most encounters with the Devils in that caption. But just because George O says so, doesn't make it so.

Crowns guard has been tops for a while now. And I'm sure there will be many shows where judges will have them 1st above the bloue teams. So i wouldn't get my knickers in a knot over it. It's one judge at one show. If all judges begin to agree on this outcome then I will start to ponder reasons why. As for now. This is the best crown guard I've ever seen this time of the year. Period. They look like they are in a different league of professionalism.

George O. makes an appearance again as CG judge for the Chester show. Hopefully he doesn't show up again during finals week.

This thread:

eyeroll.gif

eyeroll.gif to you too sir. Lol.

I think BC is deservedly over Crown's guard right now. Amazingly creative and musical writing. Great technique and fantastic staging.

• Like 1

I saw Crown live last night, and even with the fact that one of their instructors was loudly recording his thoughts on their performance into his phone during the show.. I thought that they were light years ahead of the other guards (including BD). Sure, they toss a little too much, but they are staged so well, the work they do is difficult (and they actually march under the majority of it), musical and so clean. It's really amazing to watch.

I think BC is deservedly over Crown's guard right now. Amazingly creative and musical writing. Great technique and fantastic staging.

I think crown makes Bluecoats book seems under designed in both difficulty and musicality. Bloo looks like a very good open class guard by comparison imo. The music is so repetitive I'm not sure it has the range of expressive qualities to compare " musicality" But to each there own. Crown is one of the few guards that really really interprets the music. But then again crown is one of the few corps that actually play "music" it's a wonderful marriage.

Bloo looks like a very good open class guard by comparison imo.

LOL! Tell that to the judges!!! Bloo has beaten Crown's guard on every recap I have seen so far!! Edited by DCI-86
  • Like 1

LOL! Tell that to the judges!!! Bloo has beaten Crown's guard on every contest so far!!

No disrespect to Bloo's guard. They are good and fun to watch but they are not even close to what Crown is accomplishing. (And unfortunately the yellow uniforms are starting to discolor, especially on their behinds :/)