Carolina Crown 2016

Ugh, Crown's show this year is just wow. Best brassline in DCI imo.

I think you mean drum line!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

I think you mean drum line!

Ohh... I don't know about that. They are so much better than last year though. My personal fav drum line is SCV, they're the best again imo, just need to polish.

I'm just happy for the whole percussion staff and kids. It's just one night in a long summer. But that had to feel really good .

I can only imagine. They've been perceived as the weak link in the corps for a while, I'm glad their hard work is paying off now

• Like 2

I'm just happy for the whole percussion staff and kids. It's just one night in a long summer. But that had to feel really good .

I am very happy for them! Shocked, but very happy. That line has been kicked for being down by so many for so long. Great to see them on top for once. Keep it going! Edited by Jurassic Lancer

Hmmm...they've watered down a bunch of the toughest brass runs. I particularly miss the driving tuba groove in the closer as they surround the rest of the corps.

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that feels this way, that was my favorite part of the show, I would pause and re-watch that part so many times. I think the reason they took it out was that it was slowing down a lot, (playing 8th notes while almost jazz running at that high tempo can be very difficult), either way its for the better.

• Like 1

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that feels this way, that was my favorite part of the show, I would pause and re-watch that part so many times. I think the reason they took it out was that it was slowing down a lot, (playing 8th notes while almost jazz running at that high tempo can be very difficult), either way its for the better.

I'm sure they'll add it back in eventually. Their main focus with their days off were visual and characters. Music will be the focus in the upcoming weeks.

If it's like past years, it's more of a clarity/transition issue. The problem with doing straight runs into a big hit is it's just yayayayayayayayayayayaYAAAAAAA. Adding a little space gives that big hit a much bigger and tight punch. I'd be willing to put down a lot of money that's a permanent change and similar to changes they've made with past shows.

If it's like past years, it's more of a clarity/transition issue. The problem with doing straight runs into a big hit is it's just yayayayayayayayayayayaYAAAAAAA. Adding a little space gives that big hit a much bigger and tight punch. I'd be willing to put down a lot of money that's a permanent change and similar to changes they've made with past shows.

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying.