Carolina Crown 2016

Did they add new stuff this week to the Journey and Roxanne? I have been watching VERY closely in recent shows to see what happens in the middle and didn't see anything with the characters.

It's been in since the beginning with just some slight changes. I think some more tweaks will still come to make it more obvious or direct the attention to where they want it to be.

I feel like something that would help, big time, is adding some distinguishing element to the character costuming. They did that with the father in the ballad and I think that was a brilliant addition. You kinda loose track when everyone in the guard looks the same, it'd help draw your attention.

They did add a cowboy hat to the gunman, which helped. I'm sure they will add more and more.

I feel like something that would help, big time, is adding some distinguishing element to the character costuming. They did that with the father in the ballad and I think that was a brilliant addition. You kinda loose track when everyone in the guard looks the same, it'd help draw your attention.

This was something changed this week. Hat changes went in to help have these characters stand out a bit.

It's been in since the beginning with just some slight changes. I think some more tweaks will still come to make it more obvious or direct the attention to where they want it to be.

I saw people fighting, but wasn't able to tell it was the guy from the beginning.

Which brings me back to my comment at the bottom of the previous page.

• Like 1

I saw people fighting, but wasn't able to tell it was the guy from the beginning.

Which brings me back to my comment at the bottom of the previous page.

The "bad guy" changes throughout the show. Not a huge deal since it's just a brass member wearing a black cowboy hat so hard to notice the difference (really can't tell unless you watch a rehearsal and can actually see the guys). But the addition of the hats should help a lot. I saw a rehearsal video from a couple nights ago and you can see it all pretty clearly right up front. The staging is actually great but so much is going on that it's very easy to miss it watching everything else that is going on.

Still have a month left to try to figure out if more changes are needed so we'll see what happens.

Edited by wilme861

I'm still waiting for them to draw out end of Roxanne, like they usually do around this time with their pre-ballad piece (Danzón in 2010 and the Bowie in 2014 come to mind). The way it ends on a unison has always come off as abrupt.

All the descriptions and information from everyone on here is great! I am really looking forward to watching the live stream for San Antonio next weekend to see Crown in comparison to SCV, Cadets, BD and Blooo!

• Like 1

I've said it since April: Crown's percussion would surprise people this year. It was that evident at their first camp back after auditions.

After last night, not only can you see they are the most improved of the top lines, they can now become part of the disussion for The Sanford Trophy.

TEUWUko.png

Edited by corpsband

Edited by UKSuperman
  • Like 2