Carolina Crown 2016

Just watched show and tell - tough book this year. I have my thoughts in the music and corps in general, but it's too early in the season to make any projections. They have a lot of work ahead of them, should be a fun year for Crown.

Also, saw some trombone boxes. Hmmmmm

Any information you're allowed to provide?

It's tough to evaluate at this part of the season, especially since this is the first time the corps has been together since December. They looked green, but it's April, so not really a big deal. The show has a lot of notes and I sense a few rewrites before we see them in June. I might be wrong but it seemed like a younger group, especially in the battery.

new video just posted to Crown's Facebook page......

Holy hell.

https://www.facebook.com/carolinacrown/videos/10154125034112641/ -- Fast link for you.

Edited by Zerix
  • Like 1

Brass is incredible and can blow holes through walls! Percussion was noticeably clean for first camp with the corps - a great sign! And, wow, music is off the charts! I truly believe Crown will deliver in 2016.

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1

Brass is incredible and can blow holes through walls! Percussion was noticeably clean for first camp with the corps - a great sign! And, wow, music is off the charts! I truly believe Crown will deliver in 2016.

Throw in some top notch visuals and you might be on to something.

• Like 1

I think many would agree that Crown's percussion was improved last year. After enjoying ensemble yesterday, I believe we will see the continued upward trend of the drum line. For April camp - and the first time together with the brass, they sounded so doggone clean. I would not be surprised if Crown percussion is the most improved of the top lines this year. Look out! This unit is on the rise!

It's tough to evaluate at this part of the season, especially since this is the first time the corps has been together since December. They looked green, but it's April, so not really a big deal. The show has a lot of notes and I sense a few rewrites before we see them in June. I might be wrong but it seemed like a younger group, especially in the battery.

This time of year is tough. Notes, brass mean nothing until the 'concept' is on the field. Last off season I had Cadets winning DCI because they had an incredible brass and percussion line way ahead in the winter loaded with vets and they wound up in 4th. I DO have confidence in the Crown design team but hoping an 'angry' Medea show isn't too similar to last season.

I can add this -- there will be some velocity. Hope that everyone is eating their wheaties!!

Sounds like a 2012 revisit. Me like!!!