Carolina Crown 2016

Sun Devils (DCA) did Baba Yetu in 2009 & it became the corps song.

Christopher Tin is an awesome composer... and a great person as well. Back when they first published Baba Yetu he sent me a copy of his score - at that time he was intrigued by the idea of all-brass playing his stuff.

The Drop That Contained the Sea is a lot more sophisticated than Calling All Dawns, but would be a great choice for a Crown or Cadets to play. Soooo much "hum along" material in his stuff. No surprise since he's written music for Disney before (as well as a ton of commercials).

Check him out on Apple/Google Music - you'll be glad you did.

Mike

• Like 1

Christopher Tin is an awesome composer... and a great person as well. Back when they first published Baba Yetu he sent me a copy of his score - at that time he was intrigued by the idea of all-brass playing his stuff.

The Drop That Contained the Sea is a lot more sophisticated than Calling All Dawns, but would be a great choice for a Crown or Cadets to play. Soooo much "hum along" material in his stuff. No surprise since he's written music for Disney before (as well as a ton of commercials).

Check him out on Apple/Google Music - you'll be glad you did.

Mike

I think he's still intrigued. I mentioned him on a Reddit thread about music corps should do, and he dropped by and commented that he'd like to be a part of it, and asked for more information about the usual instrumentation of a drum corps.

• Like 1

Has anyone been able to source the music from the newest clip? Agreeing with an earlier poster that music thus far sounds very hero and villain / the good, the bad, the ugly/ character conflict (2012). Interesting how this will be sewn together.

Edited by splat-a-drag-a-phonium

This show will follow the typical Crown show template. Fan friendly memorable music with ample technical displays on a show theme that will allow the viewers to have their own experience and allow one to dig as deep into the message as they want. At the vey least it will be good music played very well.

There was a lot of excitement this past weekend in Fort Mill. It's going to be another fun ride!!!!

• Like 1

Crown is always a fav of mine show wise. I'm attracted to their style of programming. From a competitive standpoint, I'm sure they'll be in the running as usual as long as the judges buy into the program, OOTW which I loved and thought their brass was stupendous, got a big thumbs down from the judging community so we'll have to wait n see but most of their designs are well thought out and executed.

I didn't care for OOTW on the first, second and third viewings, especially as to me it felt "safe" after their 2013 show. The more time passes, though, I really like what they did there. That brass line was absolutely amazing. Stellar, even.

Mike