Carolina Crown 2016

whatever color they chose, i'd expect the uniform to be very unique as well as very functional. it will be interesting to see where they go with head-wear. the wrap-arounds were very adaptable and very cool (as in temperature).

According to CC MMs I know from several seasons, the wrap arounds were not very functional or protective in rain and actually dripped more water into the member's eyes because there was no horizontal top piece to divert the flow off the body. Wrap arounds became heavier as the fabric absorbed the water on the outside and on the inside of the cone above the member's head. Good for good weather, bad for bad weather.

According to CC MMs I know from several seasons, the wrap arounds were not very functional or protective in rain and actually dripped more water into the member's eyes because there was no horizontal top piece to divert the flow off the body. Wrap arounds became heavier as the fabric absorbed the water on the outside and on the inside of the cone above the member's head. Good for good weather, bad for bad weather.

And most shows are performed in .... (A) Rain (B) Not-Rain

The silliness just builds and builds. It must be April.

• Like 1

And most shows are performed in .... (A) Rain (B) Not-Rain

The silliness just builds and builds. It must be April.

why is it that anyone who disagrees with you is considered silly.

God knows Kevin and Maureen Smith don't deal with people that way. They are real Crownies.

why is it that anyone who disagrees with you is considered silly.

God knows Kevin and Maureen Smith don't deal with people that way. They are real Crownies.

1. prove your assertion (give some recent links of me calling people silly (or other names for that matter)

2. do you REALLY think that performance in rain should be an important factor in design headwear for DCI corps? because that's what your OP implies.

3. why in the world are you so offended if i called you silly (which BTW i did not -- i said it's the silly season -- there's a difference between calling posts silly and calling people silly. But in your case -- I think I will do BOTH!

• Like 1

Thanks Cliff Clavin

• Like 1

Let's keep it civil and relevant. This is NOT the Cadets page.