Are Corps Shows Offering Too Little Substance?

thats great....when looking at this I also noticed the 2007 exhibition of the 1st DCI champion " The Kingsmen" Man the memories it brought back, still gives me chills

I encourage young people to watch and listen.Of course nothing like today but remember it's 1972 style and more than magnificent .

It's definitely "I'm wet." Two years later in the 1994 finals show, an audience member yells "I'm still wet!"

Two audience members yell it actually. I agree they appear to be yelling, "I'm still wet," probably because the prevailing belief was that the original dude yelled, "I'm wet" which IMO he didn't. But yes you can hear the "m" sound in the 94 version.

But it's not there in 92. That guy is yelling, "I wish".

Two audience members yell it actually. I agree they appear to be yelling, "I'm still wet," probably because the prevailing belief was that the original dude yelled, "I'm wet" which IMO he didn't. But yes you can hear the "m" sound in the 94 version.

But it's not there in 92. That guy is yelling, "I wish".

If we had electronics in 1992, we wouldn't be having this argument.

But I think we can all agree that Crossmen 92 was one hell of a show.

Yup. Back when the X-Men looked like Madison.

In context, in support of what context of the show did Crown's attempt at the inverted rotating pyramid have?

Not that I'm opposed, but it relates to me that they've done that before (and it was amazingly cool) not that it related to Dante or the Inferno.

Maybe the inverted pyramid related to the classical map of Hell, which is an inverted cone? Would be a bit tough to make a conical form, so a pyramid may have been the closest thing?

• Like 1

In context, in support of what context of the show did Crown's attempt at the inverted rotating pyramid have?

Well, I suppose no more than the crown did, but still, does every portion of the show have to relate to the show to be successful? Is BC somehow working in Conquest into the show worth nothing if it connects to me but doesn't support the programming of the show?

In Dante's Inferno, there are nine circles in Hell, each corresponding to the seriousness of the sins of the ###### souls, in the lowest of which is Satan himself, frozen forever in ice. On the other side of the globe of the Earth, in the centre of the Southern Hemisphere and directly opposite Jerusalem, is the Island Mountain of Purgatory. It is a gigantic pyramid structure, with nine ledges on which the souls of the dead may purify themselves for a time. At the apex of the pyramid is the Garden of Eden, the earthly paradise in which human beings originally fell from grace.

• Like 2

In Dante's Inferno, there are nine circles in Hell, each corresponding to the seriousness of the sins of the da##ed souls, in the lowest of which is Satan himself, frozen forever in ice. On the other side of the globe of the Earth, in the centre of the Southern Hemisphere and directly opposite Jerusalem, is the island mountain of Purgatory. It is a gigantic pyramid structure, with nine ledges on which the souls of the dead may purify themselves for a time. At the apex of the pyramid is the Garden of Eden, the earthly paradise in which human beings originally fell from grace.

OK, that's pretty clever, although I'm not sure it really works from the viewer's point of view. It appeared at the top of the field and near the beginning of the show. And there's no reason Purgatory would rotate like that. Dante surely didn't believe that the earth's rotational axis was the same as the diameter connecting Jerusalem and Purgatory, though of course they would cross at Satan in the center. (By the way: "centre" not "center"? Are you British? Canadian?) For the same latter reason, the upside-down pyramid doesn't work perfectly as Hell itself, whose shape it also fits, but I think that, if anything, is the likelier interpretation. It's also possible that Crown was mocking themselves: taking this drill move which represented the peak of their achievement to date and turning it upside down to represent how things are warped in Hell.

in many recent years, I can see your argument. This year? Not a chance

OK, that's pretty clever, although I'm not sure it really works from the viewer's point of view. It appeared at the top of the field and near the beginning of the show. And there's no reason Purgatory would rotate like that. Dante surely didn't believe that the earth's rotational axis was the same as the diameter connecting Jerusalem and Purgatory, though of course they would cross at Satan in the center. (By the way: "centre" not "center"? Are you British? Canadian?) For the same latter reason, the upside-down pyramid doesn't work perfectly as Hell itself, whose shape it also fits, but I think that, if anything, is the likelier interpretation. It's also possible that Crown was mocking themselves: taking this drill move which represented the peak of their achievement to date and turning it upside down to represent how things are warped in Hell.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/291256300875314174/