Prop or 150 performers on the field?

I have a different question: what is the correct way to emphasize the syllables in the name "Blue Devils"?

I heard it pronounced two different ways this year, even by Brandt Crocker.

I'm used to it hearing BLUEdevils, but at least once this year, Crocker said Blue DEVils (as did another announcer).

Actually, the correct way to say it is Blue deVILS, but nobody seems to ever say it that way. :bigsmile:

The age only gets me when they say they only accept people 17+ in that group. Why can't people adhere to their own rules?

Little kid, or not...People marching a season with one corps and being able to join with another corps? I can't stand behind that rule. Because of the fact it's BDC vs BDA doesn't change my opinion on the matter. One corps, one season.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the young snare drummer from the You Tube videos at age 11 who finally marched with BDA last year and profiled on CBS news only 16 last year? If so, seems to me that their "17-21" is a guideline and not a hard and fast policy.

As a private organization they can do whatever they want up to and including changing their own rules on the fly as long as they remain within the rules of the governing body (DCI)

Edited by cf144
  • Like 1

The more important question is if a corps is marching 149 members, could they fill the final spot with a Siamese twin?

I think Blue Stars should have made it more clear, somehow, that the featured guard pair in the ballad represented conjoined twins, although I suspect they feared appearing to be exploiting of that subject. The song was from a play (Side Show) whose central characters, Daisy and Violet HIlton, are conjoined, but I expect only a relatively small portion of the audience knew that. If that had been a bit plainer, then the audience would have had a greater appreciation for how everyone else in the corps was paired up for that song.

I think Blue Stars should have made it more clear, somehow, that the featured guard pair in the ballad represented conjoined twins, although I suspect they feared appearing to be exploiting of that subject. The song was from a play (Side Show) whose central characters, Daisy and Violet HIlton, are conjoined, but I expect only a relatively small portion of the audience knew that. If that had been a bit plainer, then the audience would have had a greater appreciation for how everyone else in the corps was paired up for that song.

Boy, I thought it was pretty clear. Maybe I'm in the minority.

I think she is in the BD guard...

article-2737054-20E0488F00000578-507_634

1995 all over again...except with a new title..."A Madison Scout's Dream."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the young snare drummer from they You Tube videos at age 11 who finally marched with BDA last year and profiled on CBS news only 16 last year? If so, seems to me that their "17-21" is a guideline and not a hard and fast policy.

As a private organization they can do whatever they want up to and including changing their own rules on the fly as long as they remain within the rules of the governing body (DCI)

That's not much changed from the 80s. The dude who marched next to me in 84 was 14...one of the euphs was 15.

I think Bridgemen had a 16 year old in the snare line in 83 (I THINK it was Rich Viano)