Prop or 150 performers on the field?

What's the point to this. Who cares?

• Like 1

OK, I have to set the record straight. After all this concern about how to pronounce the name of the corps from Concord California I just don't see how it could be that hard!

I only know one way to say the word...

It's pronounced...family!

Just sayin' ;)

Dan

• Like 1

There are no ... repeat.... NO transfer policies in place in DCI.

I believe that is incorrect.

As far as I know, transfers are not allowed between corps after March 1st unless both corps directors agree. Evidently, Clara is an example where both corps directors agreed. There are plenty of other cases where members are allowed to fill holes in other corps after their original limited-tour corps finishes their season (or folds).

Even back in the day, anyone could switch corps any time if both of the pertinent corps directors consented to the move.

poor girl. I wonder how she'd feel if she came on here and saw that she was being referred to as simply a "prop". Props are people, too.

• Like 1

I don't agree that a member shoud be able to transfer once you have commited to another corps.

What would be the difference between BD bringing someone from a lower group to fill a spot because of injury and major league baseball team calling up someone from AA or AAA to play a game or games. You have 150 roster spots, use them 'EFFECT'ively! All members are part of the BD organization.

The more important question is if a corps is marching 149 members, could they fill the final spot with a Siamese twin?

Once again...

:spitting:

Don't know if anyone has done this yet but OP... here's a screenshot for you to count!!

Fe2vmgN.jpg

Count the legs and dvide by two.

• Like 1